Easy headphones but with sound quality ..
Jun 16, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #16 of 24
Two great sounding easily driven open on ears, both discontinued unfortunately. Jays v-Jays, my favourite headphones, no longer available new absolutely superb fun addictive yet correct sound :) You will still find the Yamahaha HPH 200 on Amazon.it. Look out for warehouse deals.
My most recent pair cost less than 30 euros. Smooth yet detailed. . Open with great bass and excellent natural timbre they improve considerably with good amplification really open up approaching HD600 level but not quite :)

(Edit PS & IMHO I think KSC75 are pretty awful, highly overrated and hard to believe they are anyway related to the very good classic PortaPro. Metallic & sibilant vs warm analogue...

. JAYS V-JAYS are at a higher level altogether. Grad em if you see em)

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #17 of 24
Two great sounding easily driven open on ears, both discontinued unfortunately. Jays v-Jays, my favourite headphones, no longer available new absolutely superb fun addictive yet correct sound :) You will still find the Yamahaha HPH 200 on Amazon.it. Look out for warehouse deals.
My most recent pair cost less than 30 euros. Smooth yet detailed. . Open with great bass and excellent natural timbre they improve considerably with good amplification really open up approaching HD600 level but not quite :)

(Edit PS & IMHO I think KSC75 are pretty awful, highly overrated and hard to believe they are anyway related to the very good classic PortaPro. Metallic & sibilant vs warm analogue...

. JAYS V-JAYS are at a higher level altogether. Grad em if you see em)

You are one of the few that say that about the Ksc75. I hope I don't feel that way when I get the KTXPRO1 which uses the same titanium driver. The Yamahaha HPH 200 looks great. But at $100.00 + and the big size it would not suit my criteria at this time. I think I'm just going to stay with my Sportapro for mobile use and my Grado SR60 for home use. At this sound quality level I'm living like a king.

Jun 19, 2018 at 8:17 PM Post #18 of 24
You are one of the few that say that about the Ksc75.

The others haven't and sadly never will hear a pair of Jays v-Jays :)

But seriously, you're better off with the PortaPro or your Sportapros

(PS... the Yamahas are not too big, more compact overall than your Grados. (same diameter but less deep capsules smaller more comfortable pads), discrete (in black!) less sound leakage, warmer & bassier with a wider soundstage yet not quite so open and 'airy' The Jays beat both though IMO in terms of pure enjoyment and they are tiny ultra superleggera)

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #19 of 24
And in the end i bought them and Yes.. they are just fantastic! Koss have a very nice vintage look, super comfort, so light and such a good sound quality ... and the price is just crazy cheap, one of the best deal ever

Jun 29, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 24
And in the end i bought them and Yes.. they are just fantastic! Koss have a very nice vintage look, super comfort, so light and such a good sound quality ... and the price is just crazy cheap, one of the best deal ever

Which exact Koss model did you end up getting? Either way, glad you are happy.

Jun 29, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #21 of 24
Which exact Koss model did you end up getting? Either way, glad you are happy.
Oh yes sorry, my bad..Koss Porta pro classic

Jul 10, 2018 at 7:57 PM Post #24 of 24
Oh yes sorry, my bad..Koss Porta pro classic
Wise choice: great headphone

I may be in a minority of one and wonder whether sometimes there is something with my hearing or I was unlucky and got a faulty pair but the Ksc75 at least the pair I had, were terrible.

The second most sibilant headphone I've owned versus the PortaPro which is among the least fatiguing (EDIT and easily the most comfortable) . As I said hard to believe they are in anyway related.

Lucky you :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back