EarWerkz "Supra" The Universal Custom In-Ear Monitor
Feb 3, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #47 of 79
Yes, and they also stated to me that "The specifics are custom and proprietary to us however". Regardless, glad to know at least mostly what the Pro Series cable is made out of.

Feb 3, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #48 of 79
Feb 3, 2015 at 5:39 PM Post #50 of 79
Yes. Plastics1 makes nearly all ciem cables for manufacturers. ATI makes the new JHA cables with the twist on collars and a few are using Estron. But the overwhelming majority of 'stock' IEM cables are from Plastics1.

So this is a stock cable that's actually different from the typical Plastics1 stock? Interesting..

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #52 of 79
Hmmm... maybe Earwerkz can try doing a "bundle" promotion for all the cable options they have?

Selling a bundle of cables and letting their customers enjoy swapping cables for different flavors of their customs and universals, sound like a great way to enjoy them more. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 15, 2015 at 4:30 AM Post #53 of 79
Hmmm... maybe Earwerkz can try doing a "bundle" promotion for all the cable options they have?

Selling a bundle of cables and letting their customers enjoy swapping cables for different flavors of their customs and universals, sound like a great way to enjoy them more. :D

Maybe, but in my opinion, I believe the $35 for the 50", $45 for the 60" Pro Series and $82 for the Estron Linum BaX are already phenomenal prices on their own without any type of a bundle promotion, especially when you compare those prices to other companies that offer different cables (usually as low as $200 up to $1,000+ per cable).

I can't wait to go to CanJam in March so I will be able to audition a plethora of 2-pin cables with my Supra and Legend R, and find out if any can synergize as well as the Pro Series for the Legend R and BaX with the Supra.

Feb 15, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #54 of 79
Maybe, but in my opinion, I believe the $35 for the 50", $45 for the 60" Pro Series and $82 for the Estron Linum BaX are already phenomenal prices on their own without any type of a bundle promotion, especially when you compare those prices to other companies that offer different cables (usually as low as $200 up to $1,000+ per cable).

I can't wait to go to CanJam in March so I will be able to audition a plethora of 2-pin cables with my Supra and Legend R, and find out if any can synergize as well as the Pro Series for the Legend R and BaX with the Supra.

That's true 
biggrin.gif

Got myself a spare 60" stock cable with the Legend R. All things considered, their stock cables are perhaps the best stock cables a custom company has offered. Not some standard stock cables that you'd need to change out fast to a custom cable. These stock cables from Earwerkz are so good, i'd even hesitate to find a custom cable for it. (i've tried a few out there, and they didn't measure up as well to the stock.. go figure).

The Bax Cables somehow are a match made in heaven with the Supra. Really. 
There's just no need to look elsewhere. I've tried pairing them with a very pricey custom cable, and i'd still go back to the Bax cables.
Can't wait for the super Bax cables to be available. Am sure they'll rock the Supra even more. 

Feb 21, 2015 at 12:22 AM Post #55 of 79
Hey guys! I've posted my review of the Supras. Thought Id share them here!

http://www.head-fi.org/products/earwerkz-supra/reviews/12609

Mar 6, 2015 at 5:09 AM Post #56 of 79
Hi all, I just wanted to say that pairing the Supra with the iDSD micro on lowest settings with 3D switch on sounds incredible. That is all.

May 24, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #57 of 79
Bit of a bump.

Become interested in the supra's.  Any idea if they'll ship to the uk and how much it'll cost?

Thanks

May 24, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #58 of 79
  Bit of a bump.

Become interested in the supra's.  Any idea if they'll ship to the uk and how much it'll cost?

Thanks

Nice to see you around, davidcotton!  

They can ship anywhere around the world.  It is $35 to ship USPS Priority and $70 for 1-3 day DHL.

Were you going to purchase the universal or custom model and what color(s) shell/faceplates were you fancying?

May 24, 2015 at 3:11 PM Post #59 of 79
Hi

Universal at this time as customs are a lot of hassle for me.  It was the promise of a smaller universal shell with good isolation that got me interested as I use iems at work that has a lot of noise background.

May 24, 2015 at 3:55 PM Post #60 of 79
  Hi

Universal at this time as customs are a lot of hassle for me.  It was the promise of a smaller universal shell with good isolation that got me interested as I use iems at work that has a lot of noise background.

Sounds good.  Not sure if you have used SpinFit tips, but they work really well with the Supra, as the small size that I use is able to be inserted fully into my ear canals, so it has more of a CIEM feel, fit and seal.  The Complys are also nice if you like to go the foam universal tip route.

Looking forward to finding out what color(s) shells/faceplates you choose and impressions once the Supra is in your hand if or when you choose to purchase it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back