Earwax
Jan 18, 2009 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by iareConfusE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're not supposed to remove the earwax that lines the deep insides of your ear... Its a natural secretion that protects your ear from infection. At most, just take a q-tip and clean around the outside of your ear, but definitely don't shove it down your ear, because then you're just shoving more wax down into your ear canal and making it more clogged + more prone to infection.

Most people will find it gross, but I just use my pinky finger and just scrape around the outside of my ear canal to get out the earwax that has naturally been pushed out.

Yes, except if you have excess earwax production. I have quite a bit of wax, though not to the point that my earcanal would get clogged (my coworker has this problem, he is almost always deaf in the left ear because his earcanal is clogged by wax), but I have to clean my ears frequently. In shower I use my fingers to clean my ears and enter of the earcanal, and fill my ear with warm water to keep my earwax wet enough so it would come out eventually in natural ways.

Jan 19, 2009 at 10:47 AM Post #17 of 38
i also have quite a bit of wax. i go to my ear doctor once every 3 months and he takes this needle like tube (its very skinny and thin like a needle) and its powered by this electric suction thing and he cleans out both of my ears. i asked him how come i have so much wax and i produce it so quickly? he told me theres not really a specific reason. some people just have more than others and some people just produce it more quickly than others.

Jan 24, 2009 at 9:59 PM Post #18 of 38
This is funny. I am suffering from a light head cold, and earlier today I yawned - wow - it was like turning up the volume several steps, and then gradually decreasing it a bit.

On a related note, a business in the same building with my office offers ear candling. Anybody try this? Or the home candling kits? If it clears you out and lasts a while I am interested.

Jan 25, 2009 at 12:22 AM Post #20 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taikero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do not do ear candling.

Let me rephrase that.

[size=xx-large]DO NOT DO EAR CANDLING.[/size]

could you elaborate as to why?

Jan 26, 2009 at 8:58 PM Post #24 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i soak in olive oil before i take a shower.

i also used to lubricate my IEM tips with them.

Kinky.

I think.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:38 PM Post #25 of 38
I do the same before going to bed. I also use a leaf of salad for a better seal.
And if my gf is hungry during s*x she knows where to go :wink:

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomzDayz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i soak in olive oil before i take a shower.

i also used to lubricate my IEM tips with them.

Jan 26, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #26 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalfrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I do the same before going to bed. I also use a leaf of salad for a better seal.
And if my gf is hungry during s*x she knows where to go :wink:

Not to be inappropriate, but this gives a whole new meaning to the term "eating out".
rolleyes.gif

Feb 2, 2009 at 1:40 PM Post #30 of 38
Nice knowing this.. I too suffer a bit for exessive earwax production. I used a light salt water spray kinda thing that mimic the GP's thing.

Also I allergic and a bit asmatic to some stuff so tend to hold on my nose and lightly blow with my mouth close to open up holes and such. That leaves over pressure in the varius aircavaties including the inner ear which means effecitenly a temperary hearing loss of atleast 6 db so its important to yarn a few times to equalise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back