Earth HDAM... single or double for Zero DAC?
Nov 16, 2008 at 8:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

arfett

Head-Fier
I've ordered a Zero DAC and I'm about to get an HDAM from audio-gd, but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to order the single or doube OPA. Also when I have it the ground is supposed to go to the RCA output ground, correct?

Nov 16, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #2 of 8
For the grround, that's right.
Concerning singles or dual, i don't know, it's depend of the original OPA inside.
If it's a dual, you can take a dual, if it's 2 singles, take the sames.

Nov 16, 2008 at 10:15 AM Post #3 of 8
The Zero use one dual op-amp on the dac board, and two dual op-amp on the amp board. (double that is)

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:05 AM Post #4 of 8
just out of curiosity, do you solder the ground onto the RCA output ground? I'm contemplating on getting a zero with a HDAM module as well.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:45 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Henmyr /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Zero use one dual op-amp on the dac board, and two dual op-amp on the amp board. (double that is)

Just to be sure here. I want to get the double HDAM? Also how are you getting optical out of your xtreme music? I have an xtreme music and all it has is coaxial SPDIF out using the minijack.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #6 of 8
Yes, you want the double (dual). By the way, I recommend getting the Moon, not the Earth, as it has a better soundstage.

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:00 PM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crikey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just out of curiosity, do you solder the ground onto the RCA output ground? I'm contemplating on getting a zero with a HDAM module as well.

I didn't want to solder the it just yet, so I use a crocodile clip (I think I got the tip from someone in this thread):
http://secure.acupuncture-suppliers....ile%20clip.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by arfett /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to be sure here. I want to get the double HDAM? Also how are you getting optical out of your xtreme music? I have an xtreme music and all it has is coaxial SPDIF out using the minijack.

I use a creative Digital I/O module:
http://www.komplett.se/img/p/400/320935.jpg
EDIT: You plug it into the mic/digitalout jack.

Nov 16, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 8
The dual HDAM is used to replace a dual-channel opamp.
The single HDAM is used to replace a single-channel opamp.

All opamps in the Zero DAC are dual-channel opamps.

~Phewl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back