EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Feb 12, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #242 of 1,557
^lets see a pic of them in your ears. I've been curious as to how far they'd protrude.

Yeah they're probably the ugliest iems I ever had.. They kinda look like the iems Robocop would wear.

But again, I've never been so impressed with a new pair of iems - I really have a high school crush on them

Feb 12, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #245 of 1,557
Yeah come to think of it I might be exaggerating a bit. The Velvets are big but they aren't hideous. I had the triple fi's for a bit, they stuck out even more.

They are a bit umcomfortable, theyre slightly too big for my left ear. I saw a Velvet for sale for the same reason, but I dont mind it that much

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:07 AM Post #246 of 1,557
Hi all, thanks to everybody for impressions of these, I've just pushed the button on a set of the crystals, but can I ask, is the signature screw a definite click from one sound sig to the other, or can you turn it just a little (say half way between two of them) and get a mixture of one to another? I'm assuming not, but it just crossed my mind and was hoping somebody can clarify? Many thanks

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:37 AM Post #248 of 1,557
No they're fixed positions.. But for me personally, the differences aren't that big that you'd need to finetune between the options. Even in the 'tight' mode they sound a lot fuller than a IE800 for instance
Thank you very much, you are gent, and now you have compared them favourably to the IE800's as well I'm rather itching to get my hands on them :)

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #249 of 1,557
Thank you very much, you are gent, and now you have compared them favourably to the IE800's as well I'm rather itching to get my hands on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Well that is very gentlemanly of yourself sir :) 

Dude, I just sold the IE800. The Velvet is in a different league IMO, no comparison.. They match each others soundstage, but the IE800 sounds very thin. If you play a bombastic energetic track (like hip hop or electro, bands like MGMT, Phantogram etc.), they shame the IE800. The IE800 just sounds very flat in comparison. The IE800 has more clarity though, but thats due to the thick sound of the Velvet. 

Feb 13, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #250 of 1,557
Thank you very much, you are gent, and now you have compared them favourably to the IE800's as well I'm rather itching to get my hands on them
smily_headphones1.gif

Have they been shipped? They still haven't shipped mine. I emailed them but no reply so far.

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:08 AM Post #251 of 1,557
Well that is very gentlemanly of yourself sir :) 

Dude, I just sold the IE800. The Velvet is in a different league IMO, no comparison.. They match each others soundstage, but the IE800 sounds very thin. If you play a bombastic energetic track (like hip hop or electro, bands like MGMT, Phantogram etc.), they shame the IE800. The IE800 just sounds very flat in comparison. The IE800 has more clarity though, but thats due to the thick sound of the Velvet. 
Excellent, sounds right up my street, but you are not helping with the anticipation my friend, I'm so excited I could rip a tissue :wink:

Feb 13, 2015 at 9:40 AM Post #253 of 1,557
Excellent, sounds right up my street, but you are not helping with the anticipation my friend, I'm so excited I could rip a tissue
wink.gif

I'm afraid I'm gonna make it a bit worse. When I got the SM64's, I kinda drifted from electro, hip hop and rock to more indie like bands. I mean that type of music sounded fine, but not spectacular. The well-balanced SM64's just seem to excel at a different type of music so my interest adapted to the iems. When I got the Velvet, I dusted off those playlists, and I feel like I'm experiencing them from a whole new level. Hip hop beats are just pounding in your ears with excellent stereo separation of all the melodies and drums, and electric guitars roar like they come out guns blazing. If you're listening to electro-like music like Justice, Phantogram or Goldfrapp, it's like you're hearing it for the first time. It's just the combination of the full soundstage (esp. in comparison to the SM64's), with this thick, impacting sound. I mean if you're listening to indie, the difference won't be spectacular to the SM64's. They'll still be a lot better due to the soundstage, but the SQ sounds similar. But with energetic genres you truly hear why they're 300 euro more, and worth every penny. 

Earsonics usually ship pretty quick. On both occasions for me (my SM64's had to get repaired once and the Velvet), the next day. Just send a few emails asking when they will be shipped and if they are shipped already :) I felt that hassled them a bit into hurrying. If you've chosen the quick option they arrive two days later.

Feb 13, 2015 at 10:04 AM Post #254 of 1,557
I'm afraid I'm gonna make it a bit worse. When I got the SM64's, I kinda drifted from electro, hip hop and rock to more indie like bands. I mean that type of music sounded fine, but not spectacular. The well-balanced SM64's just seem to excel at a different type of music so my interest adapted to the iems. When I got the Velvet, I dusted off those playlists, and I feel like I'm experiencing them from a whole new level. Hip hop beats are just pounding in your ears with excellent stereo separation of all the melodies and drums, and electric guitars roar like they come out guns blazing. If you're listening to electro-like music like Justice, Phantogram or Goldfrapp, it's like you're hearing it for the first time. It's just the combination of the full soundstage (esp. in comparison to the SM64's), with this thick, impacting sound. I mean if you're listening to indie, the difference won't be spectacular to the SM64's. They'll still be a lot better due to the soundstage, but the SQ sounds similar. But with energetic genres you truly hear why they're 300 euro more, and worth every penny. 

Earsonics usually ship pretty quick. On both occasions for me (my SM64's had to get repaired once and the Velvet), the next day. Just send a few emails asking when they will be shipped and if they are shipped already :) I felt that hassled them a bit into hurrying. If you've chosen the quick option they arrive two days later.
Well they have quoted me 2-5 days for arrival, it says 'rest of the world', so I'm hoping nearer to 2 days seeing as I'm in the UK and the journey is a short hop across the channel. And I've just recently got back into my electronic music, presently listening to some EDM from the likes of Bakermat, Rudimental and Clean Bandit, plus some oldies from my youth, so you have confirmed one thing for me. I have made the right choice :)
Thank you

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:31 PM Post #255 of 1,557
I have literally just ordered them, so no word on shipping yet. How long have you been waiting, and where are you getting them shipped to?

I've been waiting for a week, I'm getting them shipped to Istanbul, TR. The order still seems to be "pending".

I know they shipped SM64 the next day. They told me that I'd have to wait for next week (this week) for crystal Velvet to be shipped though. Maybe it's still in production or something. If I'd wanted a black Velvet, I'd have gotten it already. I want the Crystal Fineness. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back