EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Jan 10, 2015 at 5:48 AM Post #197 of 1,557
Yeh some updates would be nice, I was very keen to get this as well but the build quality issues have scared me away. I'm going to wait until there's confirmation that the issues have been resolved.

Jan 14, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #198 of 1,557
Having recently acquired the Earsonics Velvet, all I can say is that the sound definitely is "velvet" with a smooth sound signature which is resolving, spacious and non-fatiguable. You can wear these for hours on end. The pair I have is from the second batch and so far all is good on the build front and hopefully it should stay that way.

The adjustable tuning is a great way to tune the signature to your preferences (I'm liking the tight signature which better treble extension). 

Wondering how others think these compares with other headphones! 

Happy listening,

Jan 14, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #199 of 1,557
  Having recently acquired the Earsonics Velvet, all I can say is that the sound definitely is "velvet" with a smooth sound signature which is resolving, spacious and non-fatiguable. You can wear these for hours on end. The pair I have is from the second batch and so far all is good on the build front and hopefully it should stay that way.

The adjustable tuning is a great way to tune the signature to your preferences (I'm liking the tight signature which better treble extension). 

Wondering how others think these compares with other headphones! 

Happy listening,

I completely agree with your impressions. 2 months in now and i'm really enjoying my pair. The shell housing seems to be holding up quite well, i've not observed any cracks forming so far. 

I listen to them on the neutral setting. I like how the treble is so smooth and non-fatiguing. I am very sensitive to sibilance and love the fact that the Velvets are never harsh, I can listen to them for hours. This doesn't mean that the treble is rolled off though, to my ears all the detail is there, comparable to my custom Miracle (the Miracle has more sparkle still IMO). 

But the one thing that I can't get enough of from the Velvets is that bass. Its so deep and has good slam, but never leaks into the upper registers. If I want to something fun sounding, I reach over to the Velvets. For something a little more analytical, I go for my Miracles. Definitely a keeper for me. I much prefer it over my Uni Rox which i've sold in favour for the Velvets.  

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #201 of 1,557

My impressions of the Roxanne (bass pot at default) would be based on memory since I sold it a few months back now. The bass on the Roxanne I felt was sometimes bloated. It has about the same amount of rumble on the low end as the Velvet, but feels slower, sometimes leaking into the upper registers. Soundstage wise they are about the same. In terms of placement and imaging, I have to give it to the Roxanne. Timbre wise, I prefer the Velvet, but which is better I cannot say. I didn't quite like the Roxanne because it can get hot/sibilant at times, and they become fatiguing to listen to after extended hours. Oh, and the size of the universal Roxanne was just ridiculous :/ 

Jan 19, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #202 of 1,557
How do these compare to IE800? I thought IE800 were good but not worth the price. Also I have small ears, would they fit them?

Jan 19, 2015 at 2:07 PM Post #203 of 1,557
compare to IE800, the treble of Velvet sounds a bit darker but smoother and it also has a bigger soundstage compare to the IE800. The vocals on the Velvet is slightly warmer and more up front. But ie800 still have a better bass IMO.

Jan 20, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #204 of 1,557
  compare to IE800, the treble of Velvet sounds a bit darker but smoother and it also has a bigger soundstage compare to the IE800. The vocals on the Velvet is slightly warmer and more up front. But ie800 still have a better bass IMO.

Yes, ie800's bass definitely has speed and more quantity to it from my experience. However, I admire how the Velvets presents the bass (and everything else) focusing on imaging and soundstage on another level from many high ends like the ie800. Very enjoyable in a different way!

Jan 21, 2015 at 10:25 AM Post #205 of 1,557
Hello,

Just received this message from Earsonics:

"Hi

Very good news , 
the price of velvet will drop to $ 699, as of January 22, 2015"

And on their website, there's a christal version of the velvet:

http://www.earsonics.com/ecouteurs-premiums/velvet/

Jan 21, 2015 at 4:29 PM Post #206 of 1,557
deleted

(you wont believe me but I really dont remember how I can have two profiles...surely a login problem with the first...and I made a second one with almost the same informations ) :cool:

Sorry, this is out of topic....

I'll made a little feedback on the velvet, I had the chance to listen to them fir a while.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:29 PM Post #207 of 1,557
  Hello,

Just received this message from Earsonics:

"Hi

Very good news , 
the price of velvet will drop to $ 699, as of January 22, 2015"

And on their website, there's a christal version of the velvet:

http://www.earsonics.com/ecouteurs-premiums/velvet/

Oh damn! The crystal version looks fabulous!

Oh how I wish I had the money to buy me some Velvets.

Jan 21, 2015 at 8:27 PM Post #209 of 1,557
Hmmm...I was going to stop w/ my audio spending for at least 6 months, but a pair of clear Velvets @ $699USD would be tempting.

I liked the second-hand pair of SM3 (until they broke; shells fell apart)...I also enjoyed my SM64, which I still own, but they were a major PITA for me fit-wise--it seemed no matter what tips I tried, getting consistent fit was difficult as I think the stems were too short & couldn't be inserted deeply enough.  The solution that halfway worked for me was using Sony Hybrid tips + cores of Comply tips (because the stem of the SM64 is too skinny for the Sony tips).

Jan 22, 2015 at 8:00 PM Post #210 of 1,557
  Hmmm...I was going to stop w/ my audio spending for at least 6 months, but a pair of clear Velvets @ $699USD would be tempting.

I liked the second-hand pair of SM3 (until they broke; shells fell apart)...I also enjoyed my SM64, which I still own, but they were a major PITA for me fit-wise--it seemed no matter what tips I tried, getting consistent fit was difficult as I think the stems were too short & couldn't be inserted deeply enough.  The solution that halfway worked for me was using Sony Hybrid tips + cores of Comply tips (because the stem of the SM64 is too skinny for the Sony tips).

That is true. If I could change one thing about Earsonics products is the nozzle length. I know they come with long bi/triflange tips but most people opt for other tips anyways. I wonder if there is a way I can get somehow get rid of my black Velvet for those crystal ones w/o losing any money of course.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back