Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Jun 14, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #647 of 1,656
With the price point of these now going down to what the SM3 v2 was going for only a year ago, I can only imagine that the SM64 will be replaced again in a couple of months by EarSonics. 
triportsad.gif
 At least its a better "normal" pricepoint for anyone who wants to try them out without spending $500 at its original going price.

Jun 16, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #648 of 1,656
I just got these IEMs from a member here who was also selling a Sony PHA-1.  I have to say that this is the first foray into this hobby and I have to say that the sound coming out of this combo is Phenomenal.  I was undecided between the SM64s and the Westone UM3XRC and was glad I stuck to these.  Again I am no expert in this feel, but can ultimately see the difference between using the stock IPhone dac/amp and the sony one and am in love.  Now I have to take it easy or I'll spend thousands on audio gear lol.

Jun 16, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #649 of 1,656
Quote:
I just got these IEMs from a member here who was also selling a Sony PHA-1.  I have to say that this is the first foray into this hobby and I have to say that the sound coming out of this combo is Phenomenal.  I was undecided between the SM64s and the Westone UM3XRC and was glad I stuck to these.  Again I am no expert in this feel, but can ultimately see the difference between using the stock IPhone dac/amp and the sony one and am in love.  Now I have to take it easy or I'll spend thousands on audio gear lol.

Hmm, I think its just a little bit too late for that. :) Once you've tried one of the top tier earphones, its hard to go back!

Jun 17, 2013 at 12:24 AM Post #650 of 1,656
Quote:

I thought that once, you only have to check my profile page to see the outcome.

Jun 21, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #653 of 1,656
Quote:
Anyone can advise what's the best tips for sm64 v2? Best as in the best sound quality

For me, the Westone Star tips sound the best because they are the only ones that fit/seal my ears and stay in. Tried Shure/Westone triple flange, Earsonics included tips and Phonak Audeo silicon. The PFE tips fit great with the PFE 132, but not with the SM64 and I have no idea why.

Jun 24, 2013 at 6:16 PM Post #657 of 1,656
Has anyone tried or use the SM64 directly out of a stock AK100? Thinking of getting a pair but just wondered if anyone had tried this combo before I dive in and buy them?

Jun 25, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #658 of 1,656
Has anyone tried or use the SM64 directly out of a stock AK100? Thinking of getting a pair but just wondered if anyone had tried this combo before I dive in and buy them?

I would PM Rudi. I don't really know if his AK100 is modded but even if that's the case, considering all the gear he has, he might still have an unmodded unit :p
I could imagine that the SM64 won't have that much of a problem with the AKs high output impedance... unlike other IEMs.

Jun 26, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #659 of 1,656
Sensorcom double flange tips are great with SM 64...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back