Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #1,021 of 1,656
This is what i told myself what i have been missing from W4r and 535 after listening to 64 for a week.......
Bass clean amd clear vocal sweet music instruments and clean detail

I donno about that. I do agree 535 are a bit more vocal forward but all in all I find the 64 more satisfying than the W4R and the 535.

Jan 17, 2014 at 10:02 AM Post #1,022 of 1,656
I donno about that. I do agree 535 are a bit more vocal forward but all in all I find the 64 more satisfying than the W4R and the 535.

Agree on both u said i own 535/W4R for almost 2 years until i shift to SM64 i found out that 64 bass and vocal really wins them by alots........ is only the price that is high but it's still worth the $ my next step up will be the EM-6 or maybe To go 334 will said no to shure/westone again

Jan 19, 2014 at 4:10 AM Post #1,023 of 1,656
Agree on both u said i own 535/W4R for almost 2 years until i shift to SM64 i found out that 64 bass and vocal really wins them by alots........ is only the price that is high but it's still worth the $ my next step up will be the EM-6 or maybe To go 334 will said no to shure/westone again

Yeah...would really like to try out the em6 and 334.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:34 PM Post #1,024 of 1,656
Have anyone paired SM64 V2 with hisoundaudio studio 3 anniversary edition? If yes so can anybody tell me the differences?

Feb 3, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #1,025 of 1,656
taomtx.jpg

Recommended tips for SM64 the westone star tips ^_^

Feb 4, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #1,029 of 1,656
Give the Audeo Phonak Silicone tips a try. They have a wider bore which I find gives a wider, deeper and more realistic soundstage in comparison to the stock tips and the Star tips.

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #1,031 of 1,656
Unfortunately for me, my right and left ear and completely different, any tip can easily be inserted into my right ear, but the left ear is a problem. Much harder to get a good seal, and the longevity of the various tips is very short.

The tips on the left ( name ? ) can only be used a few times before they get too soft, and even the ones on the right ( name? ) are good for about a week or so.
( inserted into the right ear, these tips can be used much longer ) 

Can anybody recommend some  really durable tips for the SM64? 

Feb 4, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,032 of 1,656
Unfortunately for me, my right and left ear and completely different, any tip can easily be inserted into my right ear, but the left ear is a problem. Much harder to get a good seal, and the longevity of the various tips is very short.

The tips on the left ( name ? ) can only be used a few times before they get too soft, and even the ones on the right ( name? ) are good for about a week or so.

Can anybody recommend some  really durable tips for the SM64? 

Westone star tips come with 5 different pairs of comply tips 5 different pairs of silicon tips u can change the size and tips as u like

Feb 4, 2014 at 12:33 PM Post #1,033 of 1,656
Unfortunately for me, my right and left ear and completely different, any tip can easily be inserted into my right ear, but the left ear is a problem. Much harder to get a good seal, and the longevity of the various tips is very short.

The tips on the left ( name ? ) can only be used a few times before they get too soft, and even the ones on the right ( name? ) are good for about a week or so.

Can anybody recommend some really durable tips for the SM64?

The tips on the left are from Comply. They get too soft/filthy with only a few uses. That's why I've abandoned buying them.
The grey silicon ones should last much longer than this one week you're getting. What happens to them? Do they tear?
The Westone star tips are more well constructed than these grey silicon ones. You can buy and see if you like them.

Feb 4, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,034 of 1,656
The grey silicon tips can last at least a month, probably longer,  when inserted into my right ear, and when new, I get a proper seal in my left ear. But I think after using the silicon tips a couple of times, they lose it's original rigidity, they become ever so slightly more flexible, and when that happens, the seal in my left ear breaks easily, and I find myself having to push the tips in every 5 minutes or so.

I will definitely be giving those Westone star tips a go. 

Feb 5, 2014 at 4:07 AM Post #1,035 of 1,656
I'm still rocking the standard bi-flange tips. Since day one :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back