Earsonics SM64: The Impressions Thread
Oct 8, 2013 at 10:23 AM Post #886 of 1,656
I use comply tips only. Double flanges hurt my ears. Oh well. At least I found good fit. 

Honestly I'm in love with these phones. I think fit is okay, but sound-wise, these are excellent. Completely. FitEar proved that there's nothing they can't do. And in reinventing their sound in the SM64, they really drove to the top for stage monitors. 

FitEar?
*cough*

Great review :)

Oct 8, 2013 at 12:27 PM Post #887 of 1,656
Guys, i need some pointers from you all. Currently, my sm64 has some issues. To put it short, left side is significantly softer than my right side and the overall sound quality isn't as good as before. This iem is 6months old and bought from soundearphones, so I believe it should still be covered until 1year warranty. I've emailed directly to earsonics and the staff replied saying that they can repair it and require me to send my iem over to France.

Now, my question is how do I go about doing it to ensure my RMA process is smooth. First, any procedures for me to follow on how to send my iem over to France from Singapore? Do I just send the faulty sm64 or the whole set, coupled with the invoice? Anyone who has gone through this able to share with me also how long it usually takes for them to complete the repair and send it back to me? Anything that I need to do to ensure my earpiece will not be lost somewhere during the shipment? Or any other points that I need to take note?

I'll appreciate any input from you all and in trying to help me here. Thanks

Oct 8, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #888 of 1,656
When I sent my pair back I put them in the zip case for return, didn't ship back the packaging/accessories.  Packed them well/padded and included a note and copy of their email authorizing return.  That was about it.  This is sending from Canada.  Just declared it as a warranty return on the box.  Not sure if they gave you any specific instructions.

Oct 8, 2013 at 6:23 PM Post #889 of 1,656
FitEar?
*cough*

Great review :)

That was a ridiculous mistake.

By the way, I've been using the SM64 with a range of interesting after market cables, most of which are cryo treated and quite brittle. As much as I think the stock cable should be improved upon, it is far easier to use than after market cables. The after market options, however, have much easier to use lugs and are far more robust. Of course they offer their own flavours, too.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #890 of 1,656
Guys, i need some pointers from you all. Currently, my sm64 has some issues. To put it short, left side is significantly softer than my right side and the overall sound quality isn't as good as before. This iem is 6months old and bought from soundearphones, so I believe it should still be covered until 1year warranty. I've emailed directly to earsonics and the staff replied saying that they can repair it and require me to send my iem over to France.

Now, my question is how do I go about doing it to ensure my RMA process is smooth. First, any procedures for me to follow on how to send my iem over to France from Singapore? Do I just send the faulty sm64 or the whole set, coupled with the invoice? Anyone who has gone through this able to share with me also how long it usually takes for them to complete the repair and send it back to me? Anything that I need to do to ensure my earpiece will not be lost somewhere during the shipment? Or any other points that I need to take note?

I'll appreciate any input from you all and in trying to help me here. Thanks

I have the same problem like you the right earpiece from out the box was softer than the left side .
Luckily I bought from Jaben and they directly replace with the new ones for me
And it works fine until now , I love it the SQ
My is sm 64 v1

It is better you send them both , that Earsonic can measure exactly when they tuning your sm 64

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #891 of 1,656
@Capri87

I hope your issue gets cleared up. I would pay for insurance on your earphones, especially if your courier isn't known to be careful. I've had fixes done to several earphones (not a single one from earsonics), and shipped from Korea, from Japan, and from Canada, all in different years. No problems so far. 

I would be sure to write a note: 'for maintenance'. Gift can screw things up quite a bit for customs. I would include only the earphones and a good note (for customs to take note of as well as for Earsonics) that explains the problems you are having. Make a diagram if you can. That helps customs realise for sure you are not giving a tariff-free give someone.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:35 PM Post #893 of 1,656
112 sounds great, too, I'm sure. 98Ω is surely a sweet spot. I with that Earsonics would move all their earphones up to at least 90Ω so that each one could easily be driven from any portable. The SM2 remains a beast. The SM3 is easier to drive, but not perfect. 

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:38 PM Post #894 of 1,656
When I sent my pair back I put them in the zip case for return, didn't ship back the packaging/accessories.  Packed them well/padded and included a note and copy of their email authorizing return.  That was about it.  This is sending from Canada.  Just declared it as a warranty return on the box.  Not sure if they gave you any specific instructions.

Precisely, they didn't give me any specific instructions to follow and this is my first time doing RMA with foreign company, so I don't really know where to start, fearing I may miss out any steps and my beloved IEM is gone..

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #895 of 1,656
I have the same problem like you the right earpiece from out the box was softer than the left side .
Luckily I bought from Jaben and they directly replace with the new ones for me
And it works fine until now , I love it the SQ
My is sm 64 v1

It is better you send them both , that Earsonic can measure exactly when they tuning your sm 64

It's always better to deal with local shops when it comes to warranty or replacement issues. I went ahead with online purchase because there was a promotion at soundearphones. Anyway mine is v2 with 98ohms. I've not listened to v1 yet, not sure which is better

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:46 PM Post #896 of 1,656
@Capri87

I hope your issue gets cleared up. I would pay for insurance on your earphones, especially if your courier isn't known to be careful. I've had fixes done to several earphones (not a single one from earsonics), and shipped from Korea, from Japan, and from Canada, all in different years. No problems so far. 

I would be sure to write a note: 'for maintenance'. Gift can screw things up quite a bit for customs. I would include only the earphones and a good note (for customs to take note of as well as for Earsonics) that explains the problems you are having. Make a diagram if you can. That helps customs realise for sure you are not giving a tariff-free give someone.

That's really generous of you, shigzeo. Do you place the note on the box itself for customs to see or put every note inside the box? I guess KraftD1 advice is good, putting the email from earsonics inside the box with the earpiece. At least they can identify that earpiece belongs to me

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #897 of 1,656
That's really generous of you, shigzeo. Do you place the note on the box itself for customs to see or put every note inside the box? I guess KraftD1 advice is good, putting the email from earsonics inside the box with the earpiece. At least they can identify that earpiece belongs to me

Sorry Capri, it wasn't. My English wasn't clear. I should have said, 'If I were you'! shigzeo won't be paying for your insurance, though if he had the dosh, he would be happy to be a do-gooder. And the email is a good idea. The note should be in the box. Don't give any extra reason for customs to open the box but be prepared for when they do.

Oct 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #898 of 1,656
Sorry Capri, it wasn't. My English wasn't clear. I should have said, 'If I were you'! shigzeo won't be paying for your insurance, though if he had the dosh, he would be happy to be a do-gooder. And the email is a good idea. The note should be in the box. Don't give any extra reason for customs to open the box but be prepared for when they do.

Hahaha! Even if you were, I know you were joking :) no worries

Oct 8, 2013 at 10:40 PM Post #899 of 1,656
Just read your review Shigzeo, and it pretty much sums up my experience in auditioning the SM64 v2 earlier this year for a couple of days (loaned from a friend). Now if only we could get these back in stock somewhere in the US, I could finally get around to buying it.... The last time they were in stock at Soundearphones, I spent too much time thinking about whether or not I should sell my UM3X for the SM64, get the W4R, or some combination in between and ended up missing the boat >_>.

Oct 9, 2013 at 4:13 AM Post #900 of 1,656
Guys, How is it's bass quantity as compared to EPH-100? or if you can compare it bass quantity to some other IEM so that I can have an idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back