Earsonics SM3 vs UE TF 10 vs Westone 4
May 13, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #16 of 87
TF10, FX700 is an upgrade to the TF10

May 13, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #18 of 87
The dynamic vs balanced armature argument will always continue but according to Joker and Average Joe two acclaimed reviewers on head fi they both preferred or at the very least gave a higher rating to the SM3.

May 13, 2012 at 7:37 PM Post #19 of 87
Quote:
The dynamic vs balanced armature argument will always continue but according to Joker and Average Joe two acclaimed reviewers on head fi they both preferred or at the very least gave a higher rating to the SM3.

Regarding the SM3, just be ready for a very mid centric sound signature.

May 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM Post #20 of 87
Quote:
Regarding the SM3, just be ready for a very mid centric sound signature.

Some people like mids, some don't.

That being said, it sounds like I would be very happy with one of those, as long as it's the v2. TF10 sound sig=boring after a while. Need something to break the mold (and cause further pain to the wallet).

May 13, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #21 of 87
Quote:
Some people like mids, some don't.

That being said, it sounds like I would be very happy with one of those, as long as it's the v2. TF10 sound sig=boring after a while. Need something to break the mold (and cause further pain to the wallet).

I am in the market for a um3x rc.

Atrio M5 is a great phone, especially at $100.

May 13, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #22 of 87
Maybe prefer but didnt say it has more bass impact then the dynamic driven earphones they have.
Quote:

May 13, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #23 of 87
If you see Average Joe's comparison, he states, "Bass - FX700 has more bass and more bass reverb than the SM3. But to my ears the SM3 sounds accurate and the FX700 sounds a little uncontrolled. It is easier for me to make out the details in the bass with the SM3, and the SM3 has faster bass. The SM3 is warmer than the FX700 by a bit."  

From what I can tell, you can can interpret it either way but I would infer that he prefers the bass of the SM3 due to its more accurate and detailed nature.

May 13, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #24 of 87
Maybe you like the BA driven non organic bass which is not bass from a real woofer.
Quote:
If you see Average Joe's comparison, he states, "Bass - FX700 has more bass and more bass reverb than the SM3. But to my ears the SM3 sounds accurate and the FX700 sounds a little uncontrolled. It is easier for me to make out the details in the bass with the SM3, and the SM3 has faster bass. The SM3 is warmer than the FX700 by a bit."  

From what I can tell, you can can interpret it either way but I would infer that he prefers the bass of the SM3 due to its more accurate and detailed nature.

May 13, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #25 of 87
Quote:
Maybe you like the BA driven non organic bass which is not bass from a real woofer.

"BA driven non organic bass"? Some BA's produce bass that sound better than many dynamic driver's bass response. JH16 is a clear example.

The SM3's bass sounds very organic. It has a great balance between all three frequencies in my opinion, while still delivering an impactful and rich bass response.

May 13, 2012 at 9:57 PM Post #26 of 87
Better because the sound is not as natural but better reproduced like a cd instead of a record. Yes some sound better but they sound but they will not make you feel it just trick your head that you do. BA Drivers dont push air. The JH16 BA drivers will trick your mind that you can feel the impact but as you see they are completely closed shells and hence no air being moved.
Quote:

"BA driven non organic bass"? Some BA's produce bass that sound better than many dynamic driver's bass response. JH16 is a clear example.

The SM3's bass sounds very organic. It has a great balance between all three frequencies in my opinion, while still delivering an impactful and rich bass response.

May 13, 2012 at 11:38 PM Post #27 of 87
Quote:
Better because the sound is not as natural but better reproduced like a cd instead of a record. Yes some sound better but they sound but they will not make you feel it just trick your head that you do. BA Drivers dont push air. The JH16 BA drivers will trick your mind that you can feel the impact but as you see they are completely closed shells and hence no air being moved.

And what's the problem with being convinced that there is impact?  In the end it actually doesn't matter whether or not the earphone is doing something in a certain way such as having actual air pushed as long as it can create the effect.  

Your argument is moot, it is non-existent.  I don't honestly care if I am tricked into thinking there is impact because in the end what you feel is your reality.

May 13, 2012 at 11:49 PM Post #28 of 87
Then enjoy it but there can be more. Why not try to get more then just settle with what you have?
Quote:

And what's the problem with being convinced that there is impact?  In the end it actually doesn't matter whether or not the earphone is doing something in a certain way such as having actual air pushed as long as it can create the effect.  

Your argument is moot, it is non-existent.  I don't honestly care if I am tricked into thinking there is impact because in the end what you feel is your reality.

May 13, 2012 at 11:50 PM Post #29 of 87

Quote:

Digital camera 4x6's trick me into thinking I'm looking at something that replicates film 4x6's, right?

Your argument makes no sense.

May 13, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #30 of 87
If it makes no sense to you then I guess you do not want it to make sense. Then forget what I said and enjoy what you already enjoy.
Quote:

Digital camera 4x6's trick me into thinking I'm looking at something that replicates film 4x6's, right?

Your argument makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back