Earsonics ES3
Oct 18, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #46 of 324
My Velvets were settet with the bass boost mode so I only remember that there was much bass on Velvets than the Es3. The Es3 are to my ears more balanced and linear. Technically they are almost on par. That's all I can say from memory, so take this with a grain of salt.

Oct 20, 2016 at 1:59 AM Post #48 of 324
sly_in_the_sky ,
 Can you please tell about the bass speed of the ES3? To me this is the most critical part of the IEM.
 Fast enough in comparison with UM3X? Slower than etymotic ER4 (in case you listen to them)? Thanks.

Oct 20, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #49 of 324
hello, I can't say anything about the 2 Iem, I had the Westone several years ago and never had the Er4 but to my ears, with the mojo and the shozy alien, there's no problem with the Es3. Perhaps the bass are slower with my new cowon plenue D but it's only an impression, having the cowon only since 1 day.

Oct 31, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #50 of 324
I wonder if Velvet on balanced mode has similar bass to ES3. I liked Velvet's bass most on balanced mode, on warm mode it was overpowering.

Nov 2, 2016 at 7:35 AM Post #51 of 324
Concerning bass between velvet (balanced) and the ES3, I can say from memory that they are on par, quantity and quality...

Here's an excellent review about the ES3:

http://www.head-fi.org/products/earsonics-es3-in-ear-earphones

Nov 3, 2016 at 12:45 PM Post #53 of 324
A bit but not by much, exactly the same size as the Velvet

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:11 PM Post #54 of 324
About the Velvet it's been said ‎that it has a little bit distant and thin midrange. Also, having less lower mids, the whole sound loses some weight and the male vocals are weak. And maybe sometimes, could be too much energy in the treble.

Have these aspects been improved with the new ES3?

And how much is the ES3 losing on the bass side, compared with Velvet?

Nov 4, 2016 at 11:20 AM Post #56 of 324
  @cfc7 Not so much IMO. Thin midrange is no longer an issue with ES3. It also sounds more full across the spectrum..

I remember SM64 and S-EM6 very well, to me that was always too much of bass in there, especially in the 6 drivers.
From the review of the ES3 I understand that the amount of bass is reasonable in comparison with other products of ES, correct? Thanks.

Nov 4, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #58 of 324
  @qsk78 Correct. ES-3 is balanced..

Well, have to try them I think. Will keep my Ety SR for "true audiophile experience" and let the ES3 a be musical addition)) 
I'm a fan of more neutral reference sound that's why the amount of bass is very critical to me. 

Nov 4, 2016 at 1:25 PM Post #60 of 324
@ctc7 ES-2 has more weight, but it also have way less treble extension. It may sound dull to some. To me musicality comes from coherency. ES-2 may sound fuller but ES-3 is the real gem here, coherency combined with good freq balance plus resolution and imaging.. I truly believe that Earsonics created an earphone way ahead of it's price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back