Earsonics EM 10
Dec 16, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #331 of 363
I think the EM10 needs more than my Dx160. . . and I thought of the R8 but I would also like to see the Dx300 because it is a direct competitor in my view. .already read your analysis, again congratulations, it is always good to have people like you that when doing and giving their opinions helps the community like me hehehe. . . My first audition with the em10 on the dx160 I found the sound very (muffled and back), I had to use the EQ .. then I think that the EM10 needs a TOTL Dap

Glad I could be of help like others have helped me :)

Since I own a DX160 l'll give a check at the pairing but I am suprised at your findings, DX160 is quite powerful and clean sounding I hope it's not the EM10 signature that you have a problem with but maybe give it time :)

Dec 16, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #332 of 363
I think the EM10 needs more than my Dx160. . . and I thought of the R8 but I would also like to see the Dx300 because it is a direct competitor in my view. .already read your analysis, again congratulations, it is always good to have people like you that when doing and giving their opinions helps the community like me hehehe. . . My first audition with the em10 on the dx160 I found the sound very (muffled and back), I had to use the EQ .. then I think that the EM10 needs a TOTL Dap
I will say that the EM10 can use more power. I know I recommended the Grace originally over the EM10 but that is only preference and I know you wanted custom. The EM10 shares the same DNA as the Grace but the Grace is not quite as much in-head and has more air surrounding the notes. The EM10 does open up a little more with some power.

Dec 16, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #333 of 363
Glad I could be of help like others have helped me :)

Since I own a DX160 l'll give a check at the pairing but I am suprised at your findings, DX160 is quite powerful and clean sounding I hope it's not the EM10 signature that you have a problem with but maybe give it time :)
Yes. . .I was also surprised when I heard it, but the sound was really muffled and in the back, I didn't know what to think because that says that my velvet is quite different, when using the EQ it was much better, the sound cleaner in order to understand the details , I even thought that something was wrong with the Em10 or even my Dx160 I am sincere. I also use the Tidal Master and here it already depends on the recordings, but I also notice a difference.

Dec 16, 2020 at 1:22 PM Post #334 of 363
I'll check that tomorrow, this seems surprising

Jan 12, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #336 of 363
Well, my Em10 arrived yesterday from Earsonics for some adjustments.
I don't have much experience in this "world", and I only have one comparison at this moment, which are my Velvet v2, which are quite different, Em10 has a lot more body, it's a more Natural sound, which makes me able to enjoy the music. and Sweet, and nothing tiring he never offends.
For example, "Heavy Rock" I prefer Velvet V2 with a wider stage and a cleaner sound which creates more details. There are two different signatures, but having both is quite good and is making me somehow evolve now by trying a subscription like Em10.

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #337 of 363
Well, my Em10 arrived yesterday from Earsonics for some adjustments.
I don't have much experience in this "world", and I only have one comparison at this moment, which are my Velvet v2, which are quite different, Em10 has a lot more body, it's a more Natural sound, which makes me able to enjoy the music. and Sweet, and nothing tiring he never offends.
For example, "Heavy Rock" I prefer Velvet V2 with a wider stage and a cleaner sound which creates more details. There are two different signatures, but having both is quite good and is making me somehow evolve now by trying a subscription like Em10.
Understood. The EM10 is good at what it does. I like Grace , which shares DNA with EM10, because there is a touch more openess and air to it's signature. If you feed the EM10 a little more raw power it expands

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #338 of 363
Understood. The EM10 is good at what it does. I like Grace , which shares DNA with EM10, because there is a touch more openess and air to it's signature. If you feed the EM10 a little more raw power it expands
I currently only have one Dx160 to put it on, with the Pw no10 at 4.4mm I think it still adds more body, do you think the same?

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #339 of 363

The EM10 is a classic with such a mature tuning each time I do comparisons to new flagship level IEMs in my reviews, each time I am reminded that Frank Lopez really pulled off one of a kind IEM with a superb tuning... EM10 holds his ground and still one of the best BA bass around... recently got Shanling M8 and it's yet reaching new heights in this respect wow...

Jan 12, 2021 at 5:59 PM Post #340 of 363
The EM10 is a classic with such a mature tuning each time I do comparisons to new flagship level IEMs in my reviews, each time I am reminded that Frank Lopez really pulled off one of a kind IEM with a superb tuning... EM10 holds his ground and still one of the best BA bass around... recently got Shanling M8 and it's yet reaching new heights in this respect wow...
Hello David, do you think any cable brings precisely a broader and more detailed stage to the EM10? I am waiting for what you tell me with the Em10 and Ibasso Dx300. Really the more I hear the EM10 the more I am surprised by the Soft, Relaxing sound and that general tone that surrounds everything in my ears

Jan 12, 2021 at 6:02 PM Post #341 of 363
Hello David, do you think any cable brings precisely a broader and more detailed stage to the EM10? I am waiting for what you tell me with the Em10 and Ibasso Dx300. Really the more I hear the EM10 the more I am surprised by the Soft, Relaxing sound and that general tone that surrounds everything in my ears

In terms of cable I like very much the pairing with Penon OSG, if you've read my OSG review there is a pairing section in there and if you haven't now you have the link. I add the EM10 to all my cable reviews. Another superb pairing is with the flagship Totem but that's a much pricier proposition. This being said PW N°10 is still a great pairing for example.

Jan 12, 2021 at 7:45 PM Post #342 of 363
I'm currently pairing it with Hansound Redcore and pretty much settled on it at this point. There is an increase in resolution and smoothness as well

Jan 12, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #344 of 363
I didn't know the cable, but it looks great. I am currently with EM10 and Pw No10
If you heard about PW 1960 then you might've heard about its nickname too , baby 1960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back