Earsonics EM 10
Aug 5, 2020 at 8:33 AM Post #226 of 363
But how much out of head experience there is with IEMs ? I mean i tested many cheap gizmos and EM10 and all of them had more or less similar soundstage. Some seem a bit larger maybe because of different bass response, but none came close to my intimate sounding over ear headphones where sound simply wraps around you more and you feel like in studio performance, just not same resolution and presence of sound as on EM10
I wasn't trying to debate, I know folks here want an opinion so I have no skin in this game...

Aug 5, 2020 at 10:12 AM Post #227 of 363
But how much out of head experience there is with IEMs ? I mean i tested many cheap gizmos and EM10 and all of them had more or less similar soundstage. Some seem a bit larger maybe because of different bass response, but none came close to my intimate sounding over ear headphones where sound simply wraps around you more and you feel like in studio performance, just not same resolution and presence of sound as on EM10
what kind of source do you use with it? I own both open back and closed back z1r, yet i stil prefer em10 over it. The stage is wider on headphone however that is not the most important thing

I run balance out of my sony dap which has been modified on software and hardware. The staging on my em10 is significantly wide and holographic. The cable i’m using opened it up even more, not sure what you spent on cables because there are cheaply made and overpriced ones

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #229 of 363
what kind of source do you use with it? I own both open back and closed back z1r, yet i stil prefer em10 over it. The stage is wider on headphone however that is not the most important thing

I run balance out of my sony dap which has been modified on software and hardware. The staging on my em10 is significantly wide and holographic. The cable i’m using opened it up even more, not sure what you spent on cables because there are cheaply made and overpriced ones

At the beginning I was trying to use it with my phone and felt a bit disappointed, but once I've added portable dac/amp things opened up. For sure my closed backs are no match in SQ against EM10. Music is way more detailed and melodic on EM10, but I still miss that tight bass sometimes that my HP is able to deliver. There is different sound presentation on EM10 too. I don't feel like the singer is in front of me anymore, more like in my head or even behind me.

Mainly em10 is used with Shanling up4 for BT connectivity and Fiio LS cables.

Aug 5, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #230 of 363
At the beginning I was trying to use it with my phone and felt a bit disappointed, but once I've added portable dac/amp things opened up. For sure my closed backs are no match in SQ against EM10. Music is way more detailed and melodic on EM10, but I still miss that tight bass sometimes that my HP is able to deliver. There is different sound presentation on EM10 too. I don't feel like the singer is in front of me anymore, more like in my head or even behind me.

Em10 is a top Ciem, you will always need amplification. Looking forward to testing with my Ibasso Dx160

Aug 5, 2020 at 6:27 PM Post #231 of 363

This makes me wondering if you have inserted the wrong polarity by any chances. This ciem has a reverse polarity, meaning you will have to flip the 2-pins connector around to use it properly compared to regular iems. This annoyed me quite a bit and surprisingly, the imaging is weird when not inserting the right way

Aug 6, 2020 at 12:40 PM Post #233 of 363
Aug 6, 2020 at 1:52 PM Post #235 of 363
By that article polarity needs to differ between the speaker’s themselves. So logically if you will do the wrong way on both iems, it should be fine. might be that my em10 had already underlying issue as I’ve noticed one side “maybe” playing quieter and after further usage issue become obvious. Let’s see what earsonics will find out

Aug 6, 2020 at 2:55 PM Post #236 of 363
That's what the link is for. Testing with ears.
it's basically the similar claim from the similar people who claim they can't hear any differences between cables with their own ears. To each with his own

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #237 of 363
it's basically the similar claim from the similar people who claim they can't hear any differences between cables with their own ears. To each with his own

I think you are misunderstanding- it is for demonstrating your point. it is a test that provides audio samples in order to demonstrate the effects of reversed polarity and describes the effects so that we can also use them to check our own system's wiring.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #238 of 363
Cable Pw no.10 I already read that it is excellent with Em10. Em10 or Em64? Hehehe
@subguy812 @gearofwar

Yes PW No10 is great with both EM10 and EM64, the choice between the two IEMs depends what you're looking for the EM64 is punchier and energetic, blazing fast (those transients....) and more forward than the EM10 (actually more forward than anything else I know). The EM64 is tuned for the stage you're with the band, the EM10 is a more refined beast that lets you sit back and relax enjoying the nuances while keeping a high level of engagement. The EM10 is groovy but it won't grab you by the b%lls like the EM64 :p The EM64 will jack you up good :)

Aug 7, 2020 at 9:51 AM Post #239 of 363
Yes PW No10 is great with both EM10 and EM64, the choice between the two IEMs depends what you're looking for the EM64 is punchier and energetic, blazing fast (those transients....) and more forward than the EM10 (actually more forward than anything else I know). The EM64 is tuned for the stage you're with the band, the EM10 is a more refined beast that lets you sit back and relax enjoying the nuances while keeping a high level of engagement. The EM10 is groovy but it won't grab you by the b%lls like the EM64 :p The EM64 will jack you up good :)
Thanks David, I do not know what else I could say here. They are mature and refined as my Review stated and designed for long listens.

Aug 7, 2020 at 11:29 AM Post #240 of 363
I tried pw10 at canjam however, 1960 4 wires blew it out of the ocean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back