Earsonics EM 10
Jan 9, 2020 at 2:31 AM Post #166 of 363
Yes DX160 is a great pairing with the EM10, this DAP pairs well with about everything anyway :wink:
I never use EQ as a general rule, and I am always on low gain DX160 is powerful that way :p

I didn't need to buy the HR cable as it's now included with the EM10 so I own it and yes it's a nice cable...Yes you would notice a difference the former cables were really so so...

At this moment I have as it came the settings, Yes note if quite a difference with the "gain" on or not. But find a good investment compared to what I have in my velvet? As it is still 100 €

Jan 9, 2020 at 2:47 AM Post #167 of 363
At this moment I have as it came the settings, Yes note if quite a difference with the "gain" on or not. But find a good investment compared to what I have in my velvet? As it is still 100 €

Good option for great value for money cables at ISN, depending on what you're looking for ISN C16 or C4 (copper), ISN S8 or S4 (silver plated copper). I haven't heard them except for S8 that comes with the ISN H40 and I was surprised at how good it was really for 30$ or so both for build quality and sonic characteristics. You can find them on Penon's website. Can't try the S8 on the EM10 as it's a MMCX I have. I would go for copper myself but that's my preference I'd probably get C16 or C4.

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:16 AM Post #168 of 363
Good option for great value for money cables at ISN, depending on what you're looking for ISN C16 or C4 (copper), ISN S8 or S4 (silver plated copper). I haven't heard them except for S8 that comes with the ISN H40 and I was surprised at how good it was really for 30$ or so both for build quality and sonic characteristics. You can find them on Penon's website. Can't try the S8 on the EM10 as it's a MMCX I have. I would go for copper myself but that's my preference I'd probably get C16 or C4.

In the case of any particular 16C, brands

Jan 9, 2020 at 3:44 AM Post #169 of 363
Jan 12, 2020 at 3:13 AM Post #171 of 363
Good morning, but do you prefer this cable that mentioned the source au that came with your EM10? For when comparing your EM64 and EM10? Hehehe. . . In fact, I confess that still undecided between these two, by the price and also in its review considers that EM64 is a C'iem beyond its value.
@davidmolliere

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #172 of 363
@Onurb8690 I don't own the C16 but will soon be able to report on the pairing with ISN AG8 flagship cable...

Right now my favorite pairing is with PW Audio n°10, I like what it brings to the table for the EM10 : a fuller bodied presentation, with deeper and more textured lows, a better layering and a quite stunning upper treble refinement.

27BB6E54-7B82-4986-B02C-36EA0CBB0C43.jpeg

Jan 15, 2020 at 2:25 PM Post #173 of 363
20200115_190526.jpg
@Onurb8690 I don't own the C16 but will soon be able to report on the pairing with ISN AG8 flagship cable...

Right now my favorite pairing is with PW Audio n°10, I like what it brings to the table for the EM10 : a fuller bodied presentation, with deeper and more textured lows, a better layering and a quite stunning upper treble refinement.

Good night, before anything else, thank you for always helping me, if u can compare it and then giving me your opinion.
By the way, what's the difference between connecting in 3.5mm and 4.4mm, is it different in quality? Or just personal like?
Waiting for SpinFit...

Last edited:
Jan 17, 2020 at 3:27 AM Post #174 of 363

Do you think the PW no.10 for example would give me the richer, fuller sound in the "bass" zone, more impact for heavy bass music? I also saw the OC Studio cables.

Jan 19, 2020 at 4:02 AM Post #175 of 363
Stronger bass than many other TOTL, but not the strongest, perfect balance to me. That's not a bassy CIEM, but clearly north of neutral. The EM64 is almost neutral, the EM10 are tuned for direct pleasure regardless of any other consideration.

Still in doubt which one to choose ehehe. . . But for example in the Sub-Bass which you consider better or stronger so saying, I already read that the EM10 does not have a lot of sub-bass, as I already read that the quantity is quite good in that region too. I don't know if you've heard of Velvet V2, I do and I would like to know if both, in this area, have more or less for example.

Jan 20, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #176 of 363
The best cable I have ever had on this iem is Whiplash Twau, the rest I have gone through including Agni mk2 , PW Saladin, 4 wires 1960...a a couple of Effect Audio cables, but none ever cut it. I can hear clear differences between stock and upgrade cables but depend on which and which.
P/s: I went to canjam with Twau on EM10 and compared to tons of more expensive offerings, but none ever took the place of EM10. I regret selling my Twau but only due to the reason it was too old to keep.
The Twau blows the life into EM10, it makes the sound become more vivid, deeper tighter bass, smooth treble , alot more subbass and foward fuller mid also alot more sparkles up top
Hi,
Did you say for example that with the Whiplash Twau cable you added a lot of sub-bass but original still has a strong sub-bass? Whiplash Twau, still your favorite cable?

Jan 20, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #177 of 363
Still in doubt which one to choose ehehe. . . But for example in the Sub-Bass which you consider better or stronger so saying, I already read that the EM10 does not have a lot of sub-bass, as I already read that the quantity is quite good in that region too. I don't know if you've heard of Velvet V2, I do and I would like to know if both, in this area, have more or less for example.

Hi! The EM10 are rumble oriented for bass note's end of decay, you'll have bass and a bit more than that. If you like you Velvet V2 you'll love the EM10 without a doubt. The EM64 are monitors, though excellent ones, but the EM10 is more than a step futher.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back