Ears getting hot with every headphone; On ear suggestions?
Mar 3, 2020 at 12:28 AM Post #16 of 23
Not sure about extended listening since I don't own them but the meze 99 neo/classic/noir is very light and have very good bass, i'd say they have a warm/dark sound suited for hip-hop and electronic music. They're classified as over-ears but I found them to be slightly on the small size for over ear. They have soft pleather pads and I've seen a thread somewhere that brainwavz hm5 velour pads also fit them.

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #17 of 23
Maybe try the Senn HD660S, they're very open and found them more breathable when compared to my DT1990 Pro, that being said. i have 0 problems with comfort when it comes to my DT1990 Pro and i own the K371 and dont get "hot" ears. my ears get a little softer after 6-8hrs of non-stop use. but honestly you should be taking breaks from listening to music every 1-2hrs to give your hearing a break.

Mar 4, 2020 at 12:03 PM Post #18 of 23
Mar 4, 2020 at 1:19 PM Post #20 of 23
Says the guy living in Canada :D

We haven't had any winter this year...
??? well we have but the k371 arent for outside use. its legit made for indoor use at a desk or something.
i took them outside once, and they have like 0 isolation for a closed back. terrible.

Mar 5, 2020 at 12:59 PM Post #22 of 23
What about Meze Neo 99 or Classics 99? On-ears are usually uncomfortable if you wear them for long.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #23 of 23
Hello

Ive tried I think 3 headphones (DT 770 AKG K371 and DT 990) While each have been getting better and better, I still get hot ears and they are pretty much uncomfy.

I think Ive pretty much faced reality that over ear headphones are simply not for me. I perfer on ear ones that allow me to be comfy.

I hate the iBud crap or whatever its called type headphones even more.

I mostly listen to hip-hop so I want the headphones to be oriented towards that. I also listen to movies and plan to use them while streaming Twitch.

My budget I think is set at 300 euros. I dont wanna go higher than than. That being said, I am flexible so.....

Thanks

Hi,

I'm in the same boat as you. I mainly use headphones when on the go and have been using over the ear headphones for outside commuting/walking but once the warmer weather comes, they are just too hot and cause my head to start to overheat. In addition, I have been comfortable with the feeling of having two fingers stuck in my ears so don't use in ears. That basically leaves on ears which I have been using for decades but they seem to be a dying breed. You didn 't say if you're looking for bluetooth/wired or just wired but I mainly use them wireless. I'd be interested in anything you find. All I'm aware of are the usual suspects of Beats Solo 3/Pro, Bose Soundlink and cheaper alternatives such as Status Audio BT One, AKG Y500, JBL Live 400 and Skullcandy Grind. There are others listed at rtings.com who have tested their breath-ability and comfort among many other things.

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/reviews/best/by-type/on-ear

I'm currently using the AKG Y500s and JBL Duets both of which I picked up <= $50 during the holiday sales. I also have an older pair of Plantronics Backbeat Sense that I use at work in wired mode - since they are the most comfortable allowing me to wear them literally all day. Unfortunately, the volume control rattles when you move so they are not good for walking/exercising. I've also tried the JBL Live 400s - they had a deep bass response and otherwise decent sound but the volume control/toggle rattled when I turned my head so I returned them. The AKG Y500s are nice and look more premium but I wasn't a fan of their sound out of the box - I need to use the Re-EQ app on my phone to lower the mids to make them listenable for me. The JBL Duets are lighter, fit nice on my head, sound better to me out of the box and otherwise are a great match for me but for folks that like a sub-bass punch, they are not a good match. The AKGs beat them in that regard.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back