Ears getting hot with every headphone; On ear suggestions?
Mar 1, 2020 at 5:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

riahc3

100+ Head-Fier
Hello

Ive tried I think 3 headphones (DT 770 AKG K371 and DT 990) While each have been getting better and better, I still get hot ears and they are pretty much uncomfy.

I think Ive pretty much faced reality that over ear headphones are simply not for me. I perfer on ear ones that allow me to be comfy.

I hate the iBud crap or whatever its called type headphones even more.

I mostly listen to hip-hop so I want the headphones to be oriented towards that. I also listen to movies and plan to use them while streaming Twitch.

My budget I think is set at 300 euros. I dont wanna go higher than than. That being said, I am flexible so.....

Thanks

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 6:58 AM Post #2 of 23
Maybe some Grados.

Mar 1, 2020 at 7:22 AM Post #4 of 23
Real leather pads are certainly better than the fake leather crap. But foam on-ears are still cooler than any over ear.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #5 of 23
Actually, I hesitate to ever recommend Grados if someone is complaining about the physical effects on their ears. The open foam of Grados can be quite harsh and gives a rash to some people. They also soak the outside of the bowl pads with some sort of lacquer or glue to maintain their shape, potentially aggravating a reaction on the skin.

They've never bothered me, but I personally know people who can't even listen to a Grado because of the reaction on their ears.

I agree that other foam-on-ear headphones are much more comfortable, but it depends on what pad with what headphone, when it comes to Grados.

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #6 of 23
I had a pair of Sennheisers in the 1980s that was perfect for this. Light as a feather, you didn't even know you had them on. Try as I might I cannot remember which model.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:40 AM Post #12 of 23
Maybe some Beyerdynamic Aventho could fit your bill.

Mar 2, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #13 of 23
I mean, changing pads is maybe a idea....On the DT 990? Any ideas?

Or maybe there is a way to convert them on ear (using smaller pads)?
Somewhat of a give and take scenario. Heat vs pressure. I can't handle the pressure on my ears from on ear cans. Not for long anyways. If me, I'd try the Dekoni Elite Hybrid pads for your Beyerdynamic cans. If set with on ears, I'd look into the Sennheiser HD 25, and the Thinksound On2. Definitely 2 of the better sounding I've heard.

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:06 PM Post #14 of 23
I have dt770s and if its warm my head get hot and i sweat pretty bad, to the point i can't use them if its warm in the house. They're like wearing earmuffs.

I also have some k7xxs and they dont give me any problems.

Closed back vs opened i assume. The problem will be finding a good open back with enough bass for hip hop..

Mar 2, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #15 of 23
The HD 25s are great cans but they're also hot. If you use velour pads it will probably destroy the bass and sound signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back