EarPods - Apples newest entry into IEM
Sep 15, 2012 at 9:18 AM Post #47 of 170
Do they? It seems to me that the change is mostly from the design, I don't think a bundled earphones will sound too good.

You should keep in mind that you we talking about an earbud that comes bundled with other products and is sold by Apple (hence the $30 price tag :rolleyes:). I'd love to hear how the EarPods perform against the Apple In-Ear earphones or something like the sleek nocs NS400, but I can't coerce myself into buying something that costs 80 € knowing I could damage it easely. :D

Sep 15, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #49 of 170
Sep 15, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #50 of 170
Sep 15, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #53 of 170
I never know what all those graphs mean but still an interesting read. My pair is shipped so I imagine I will see them sometime early next week.

Sep 16, 2012 at 12:04 AM Post #54 of 170
I picked up a set of EarPods from the local Apple retail store earlier today.

Its a huge improvement from the previous iBuds, and I think these are my new favorite $30 cans.

Respectable directly out of iPhone4, mids are strong as always and now the pack-in cans actually have some bass!  highs are there, but weak.

Stick an amp in the middle and everything gets kicked up a notch or two with more detail across the board.  Earpods sound pretty darn good on an RSA Predator.

I'm very happy that more everyday people are going to get to listen to more of their music because of these improved pack-ins.  Now the weakest link in the chain is the iphone4 amp, and not the cans (or the 256k iTunes+ music!).  I'm hoping that the iPhone5 amp sees similar improvements.

You'll still never pry the Grados, Etys, and Beyers from my cold, dead hands, but for $29, the EarPods are damn good and will be the set that I keep shoved in my jeans pocket.

Sep 17, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #55 of 170
Quote:
I picked up a set of EarPods from the local Apple retail store earlier today.

Its a huge improvement from the previous iBuds, and I think these are my new favorite $30 cans.

Respectable directly out of iPhone4, mids are strong as always and now the pack-in cans actually have some bass!  highs are there, but weak.

Stick an amp in the middle and everything gets kicked up a notch or two with more detail across the board.  Earpods sound pretty darn good on an RSA Predator.

I'm very happy that more everyday people are going to get to listen to more of their music because of these improved pack-ins.  Now the weakest link in the chain is the iphone4 amp, and not the cans (or the 256k iTunes+ music!).  I'm hoping that the iPhone5 amp sees similar improvements.

You'll still never pry the Grados, Etys, and Beyers from my cold, dead hands, but for $29, the EarPods are damn good and will be the set that I keep shoved in my jeans pocket.

They have them in the Apple Stores? I phoned my local one this weekend and the gal on the phone said it will not be out until the 21st. Wouldn't surprise me if she didn't know what the heck she was talking about though since she sounded out of it. But I don't wanna make the trip only to find they don't have them...

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:07 PM Post #56 of 170
Picked up a pair over the weekend.
Quite impressed with them.
Super snug fit, although slightly uncomfortable.
Still a HUGE improvement over the previous design of iBuds in both sound quality and comfort.

Sound is clear and and I would say almost bass heavy.
The only thing I don't like about them is the complete lack of soundstage.
Almost no separation between instuments and overall the buds just produce a very one dimensional sound.

Still, for $30 these are pretty dang good!

Sep 17, 2012 at 6:19 PM Post #58 of 170
Quote:
Noise isolation? 

Safety First...

Noise isolation should not be used by a majority of the public. Not a world, I want to live in.

Just my thoughts, Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back