EarPods - Apples newest entry into IEM
Sep 13, 2012 at 4:20 AM Post #31 of 170
Aiwa did a similar design with the HP J7 and J9 (however they are more like regular earbuds compared to the EarPods combined earbud/IEM design). Apparently these Aiwa earbuds sounded quite good, but I prefer ordinary earbuds to this design (and IEM's)...

J7:

J9:

These 20 year old designs looks so much better than the new EarPods.

Sep 13, 2012 at 11:24 AM Post #33 of 170
Aiwa did a similar design with the HP J7 and J9 (however they are more like regular earbuds compared to the EarPods combined earbud/IEM design). Apparently these Aiwa earbuds sounded quite good, but I prefer ordinary earbuds to this design (and IEM's)...

These 20 year old designs looks so much better than the new EarPods.

Very interesting! Didn't realize that Aiwa made "vertical in the ear" (in Sony-speak) earbuds that didn't have a headband.

wow. i havent heard the name aiwa in at least two decades.

That's because Sony killed them off!

*leaves thread crying*

Sep 13, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #34 of 170
Apple has now posted a video on these:

I'm actually pretty excited to give them a try.

If you don't think Apple has the R&D clout and more money than any other manufacturer to develop awesome earbuds, think again. :wink:

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #36 of 170
Quote:
So, having read so many opinions on this new bud, would it be wise for me to ditch my es5 and buy this as a cheaper replacement?

Sure... Why Not???

Live Large, and have faith.

Cheers, Jim

PS To All... Apple just keeps on spiken the football.

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:12 PM Post #37 of 170
Quote:
So, having read so many opinions on this new bud, would it be wise for me to ditch my es5 and buy this as a cheaper replacement?

I don't know if I would ditch something you are happy with until you've tried the EarPods for a while and decide. 

Sep 13, 2012 at 2:24 PM Post #38 of 170
Quote:
Very interesting! Didn't realize that Aiwa made "vertical in the ear" (in Sony-speak) earbuds that didn't have a headband.

I was SOOOOOO close to winning an auction on Ebay for a pair of Aiwa HP-J7 a few months ago. I was the only bidder would have gotten it very cheap, but the seller cancelled the auction. I asked him why, and he replied that a friend had told him that the J7 are pretty good. So he gave them to his teenage son.

I was like this: 
basshead.gif

I would have taken care of the J7 and perhaps written about them on Head fi. The guy's son would probably not know the value of them and treat them like **** and break them within 6 months. 

But that's how it is. I'll keep looking for a pair. Apparently the J7 are better than the J9...

Sep 13, 2012 at 4:08 PM Post #39 of 170
I was SOOOOOO close to winning an auction on Ebay for a pair of Aiwa HP-J7 a few months ago. I was the only bidder would have gotten it very cheap, but the seller cancelled the auction. I asked him why, and he replied that a friend had told him that the J7 are pretty good. So he gave them to his teenage son.

I was like this:  :basshead:

I would have taken care of the J7 and perhaps written about them on Head fi. The guy's son would probably not know the value of them and treat them like **** and break them within 6 months. 

But that's how it is. I'll keep looking for a pair. Apparently the J7 are better than the J9...

Sorry to hear that. Would have loved to see your impressions here.

Good luck on the continuing search!

Sep 15, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #43 of 170
Quote:
How do the new EarPods by Apple compare to the ADDIEMS? 

Thanks! 

Driver Info has not been seen by me yet.

That will have an effect on the comparison.

Stay tuned for more info from others.

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back