Earplugs!
Apr 21, 2010 at 3:45 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Guidry /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The art museum analogy is a bad one...since the art does not produce its own light (in most cases), it only reflects the sunlight or artificial light. Would you not wear sunshades if it is bright out? At the very least you would squint your eyes when it was too bright, no?

i wonder if somebody turned up the volume on his computer if he'd turn it down or just say "screw it, it's music volume doesnt matter!"
L3000.gif

Apr 21, 2010 at 3:49 AM Post #17 of 22
I like to steal them from my metalwork class!!! I am very concerned about my hearing so I always wear them when I am in a loud environment, even in the hallway at school.

Apr 21, 2010 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 22
hey i was going to start a thread, then i saw "earplugs!" i hope i'm not hi-jacking this thread, but i really need some earplugs for when i ride my motorcycle. i have some ER20s somewhere here but if i recall, they stick too far out (i wear a fullsize helmet). i have some squishy foam ones too but they don't feel very comfortable in my helmet. any suggestions???

Apr 21, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #19 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
hey i was going to start a thread, then i saw "earplugs!" i hope i'm not hi-jacking this thread, but i really need some earplugs for when i ride my motorcycle. i have some ER20s somewhere here but if i recall, they stick too far out (i wear a fullsize helmet). i have some squishy foam ones too but they don't feel very comfortable in my helmet. any suggestions???

Try the Surefire EP3/EP4 I posted earlier. One of the design requirements was that they be wearable under a helmet.

Apr 21, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #20 of 22
Or you could break the bank and go for customs, which are very wearable under a helmet... $200 later.

That said, I was thrilled with my ER20s, but I'm IN LOVE WITH my custom ER15s.

Apr 21, 2010 at 10:50 PM Post #21 of 22
I've been to allot of concerts, some have been ridiculously loud!! (Nirvana, Metalica, and Queensryche come to mind)

I never thought to wear earplugs, and probably wouldn't have if I did think about it.

Ever been to a NASCAR race? thats LOUD!! I see allot of people wearing ear protection there. (not my stupid a** of course)

<hang on, I think my phone is ringing... no its the doorbell... nope neither> what?

Apr 22, 2010 at 10:46 PM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by keanej6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You need to be aware of sounds around you while on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back