Earplugs for musician.
Sep 6, 2009 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

krismusic

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but. My daughter plays guitar in a band and also goes to loud clubs and gigs. She has mentioned that her ears often ring afterwards. I suffer from mild tinitus and will happilly pay for a set of good earplugs to prevent same happening to my daughter. Do we need to go for expensive custom moulds? Would probably encourage her to use them if they were a bit glittery and girly.
dt880smile.png
Anyone have experience? Good sites, makes to consider. Any help much appreciated.
normal_smile .gif

Sep 7, 2009 at 6:01 AM Post #3 of 6
Yes Etymotics ER20 are great reuseable earplugs. I have used them at concerts for years

Sep 7, 2009 at 7:45 AM Post #4 of 6
Please tell her to use ear plugs as often as she can! That noise you hear coming out of a club is damage to your ears. As the previous posters indicated Etymotics are great for professional plugs. If your daughter wants to be able to just throw them away or not care about them much take a walk to the pharmacy and you can get decent ones there too. All for hearing protection.

Sep 7, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Opentoe /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell her to use ear plugs as often as she can! That noise you hear coming out of a club is damage to your ears. As the previous posters indicated Etymotics are great for professional plugs. If your daughter wants to be able to just throw them away or not care about them much take a walk to the pharmacy and you can get decent ones there too. All for hearing protection.

Thanks for your concern.
normal_smile .gif
Would the standard issue plugs allow her to be able to hear what she is playing or do they block out everything?

Sep 7, 2009 at 9:48 PM Post #6 of 6
The ER20 dampens the whole frequency range fairly evenly by about 25 dB so you can still hear everything just dampened. The standard issue I don't know about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back