Earphones went through washer and dryer and sound better?
Nov 3, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #16 of 27
  I also accidentally washed a pair of iems, the cx300ii to be exact. The benefits were immediately  noticeable, every time i used them i could smell the mix of spring flowers and lemon freshness
tongue_smile.gif
. They still sounded like crap though 
biggrin.gif

Nov 4, 2010 at 10:59 AM Post #17 of 27
I washed and dryed my JH13. I don't know if they sound better now though. They shrank. My 1 year old son uses them now. He seems to like 'em. When he learns how to write I'll ask him to do a review here. 

Nov 4, 2010 at 12:47 PM Post #20 of 27
I actually did the same thing with my iBud. It is still working and the sound changing from muddy and dull to crystal clear and transparent.

Just kidding. The washing and drying part is true but the iBud sounds worse after that.

Nov 4, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #21 of 27
Quote:
I washed and dryed my JH13. I don't know if they sound better now though. They shrank. My 1 year old son uses them now. He seems to like 'em. When he learns how to write I'll ask him to do a review here. 

I eagerly await detailed impressions! Perhaps you could have them up in the next few years or so? It's amazing that you and your son have such a similar shaped ear canal...

Nov 24, 2012 at 2:46 AM Post #23 of 27
I (stupidly) left SC Titans in the wash and I found them several weeks later when putting on my pants. Was surprised to hear they still worked. Audio quality still seems to be the same.

I'm guessing the reason that they still work is that they don't have batteries or power running through them so they can't electrocute.
I will probably die from rust contamination though

Nov 25, 2012 at 1:36 PM Post #25 of 27
Sadly my westone 3's (which ironically were my back up set whilst my customs got sorted out) were in a pocket and went through the wash.  Noticeable drop in bass :frowning2: 

Apr 18, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #27 of 27
I've had the same experience (earbuds went through the wash after having been left in my pants pocket—not just once, but probably 3-4 times—and they sound better) with my Samsung earbuds that came with my Galaxy S Captivate back in 2010. The bass seems deeper and a bit less distorted, the highs seem a bit airier, and they can play louder without distorting. Unlike yours, though, mine have never been through a dryer cycle, since we don't use one in our house.

If anyone knows the model number of the earbuds that came with the Galaxy S Captivate (AT&T version of the Galaxy S smartphone), I'd love to find a new pair and do an A/B comparison.

Glad to know I'm not the only one (and that I'm probably not crazy, or at least not due to thinking my earbuds sound better)! :)

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back