Earphones (non In-Ear) with microphones for iPhone
Jan 3, 2012 at 7:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

cassiohui

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

My friend just asked me for suggestions for earphones with microphones for her iPhone. She did specify she doesn't want In-Ears so I literally am lost - All I can think of are the original Apple earphones which are complete crap.

Can anyone help me out?

Many Thanks!

Jan 3, 2012 at 1:03 PM Post #2 of 12
What is her budget? Most earphones with a microphone are in the ear models. Women  tend to have smaller ears than men, and many earbuds might be too large for a woman with small ears. I couldn't find a single piece solution.

Perhaps she should get this or something like it,  and a Sennheiser MX581  or other decent earbuds. Which iphone does she have? Some of these don't work with an iphone 4. Either convince her to get in the ear earphones, or else keep searching for a decent adapter similar to these that will work with her phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-MP100-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B001USYI2M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325612983&sr=1-1-fkmr0

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Hands-free-Adapter-Microphone-Generation/dp/B000YE35I6/ref=pd_sim_e_4

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #4 of 12

Quote:
What is her budget? Most earphones with a microphone are in the ear models. Women  tend to have smaller ears than men, and many earbuds might be too large for a woman with small ears. I couldn't find a single piece solution.

Perhaps she should get this or something like it,  and a Sennheiser MX581  or other decent earbuds. Which iphone does she have? Some of these don't work with an iphone 4. Either convince her to get in the ear earphones, or else keep searching for a decent adapter similar to these that will work with her phone.

http://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-AT-MP100-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B001USYI2M/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325612983&sr=1-1-fkmr0

http://www.amazon.com/Headset-Hands-free-Adapter-Microphone-Generation/dp/B000YE35I6/ref=pd_sim_e_4

Thanks man! budget is roughly us$50, but that really isn't the most important point - the point is i can't find any that matches her requirements! yes i was thinking of these as well but i know she would much rather have the whole thing as one instead of earphones + microphone, especially since all decent earphones have cables of decent lengths, having this adapter means having a stupidly long cable between the mic and earphones. oh, and she does use the iphone4

Quote:
Vmoda M80

Sorry mate, earphones not headphones :)

So...if the mighty headfi community can't think of an earphone with microphone for the iphone, does this mean such things doesn't exist? :frowning2:

Jan 3, 2012 at 7:35 PM Post #5 of 12

Quote:

Thanks man! budget is roughly us$50, but that really isn't the most important point - the point is i can't find any that matches her requirements! yes i was thinking of these as well but i know she would much rather have the whole thing as one instead of earphones + microphone, especially since all decent earphones have cables of decent lengths, having this adapter means having a stupidly long cable between the mic and earphones. oh, and she does use the iphone4

Sorry mate, earphones not headphones :)

So...if the mighty headfi community can't think of an earphone with microphone for the iphone, does this mean such things doesn't exist? :frowning2:

My mistake. I don't know of any with a mic, but I would highly recommend the Yuin PK3 or 2 if you can stretch the budget. 

Jan 3, 2012 at 8:25 PM Post #6 of 12

Quote:

My mistake. I don't know of any with a mic, but I would highly recommend the Yuin PK3 or 2 if you can stretch the budget. 

It's ok, as i said the budget really isn't too much of a problem - the main problem is finding a pair of decent (read: better than apple's ibuds) earphones (non in-ears) with microphone that works with iphone! :p

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:53 PM Post #7 of 12
If she is your gf, you might want to buy her a miles davis trumpet
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 12

Quote:
If she is your gf, you might want to buy her a miles davis trumpet
evil_smiley.gif

thanks for the suggestion, money isn't the biggest problem but as i said, no in-ears please 
rolleyes.gif

Jan 3, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #9 of 12

Quote:
thanks for the suggestion, money isn't the biggest problem but as i said, no in-ears please 
rolleyes.gif

Frankly speaking I don't think there exists an earbud has mic that people here can recommened. Maybe you can find some dirt cheap earbuds have mic on ebay?.

If you don't put that miles davis trumpet into the ear too much, then it functions just like an earbud.

Jan 10, 2012 at 6:59 PM Post #10 of 12
Thanks all. In the end I bought the Apple In-Ears, because i like the sound, and more importantly, she likes the glossy white and media controls.

Dec 26, 2012 at 7:57 AM Post #12 of 12
If I were you I'd totally go for a Phiaton PS 210 BTNC Bluetooth 3.0 Active Noise Cancelling Stereo Earphones with Mic. you can find theseon amazon for US$129 right now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back