EarMen Sparrow
Dec 29, 2021 at 3:36 AM Post #346 of 354
Is a pretty nice little dac, so far no EMI issues. Even with old laptop, no need to use usb cleaner, like i had to do with old chinesish dongles.

Mar 18, 2022 at 10:31 PM Post #347 of 354
Greetings all. I've been using the Earmen supplied cable (the one they shipped to me after purchase) and it's been working fine but it's starting to come apart at the plug. My fault for bending it too sharp in my pocket. That said, is there a good USB-C to USB-C cable that you guys can recommend? Would like to stay under $50 if I could. Will pay more if I have to. It also must function as an on-the-go cable with Android. Thanks

Mar 19, 2022 at 1:06 AM Post #348 of 354
Greetings all. I've been using the Earmen supplied cable (the one they shipped to me after purchase) and it's been working fine but it's starting to come apart at the plug. My fault for bending it too sharp in my pocket. That said, is there a good USB-C to USB-C cable that you guys can recommend? Would like to stay under $50 if I could. Will pay more if I have to. It also must function as an on-the-go cable with Android. Thanks
DD ddHiFi TC05 TypeC to Type C
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrG340C

This has been a great cable for me to use, small, flexible and of good quality. The USB ends are a little smaller than the official cable as well so it should fit in your pocket a bit easier. You might find it a few dollars cheaper from another seller!

Apr 21, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #349 of 354
I use this one from Amazon. It has been trouble free. I also use their Lightning to USB-C cord and it too is excellet.

Meenova USB-C OTG Pro DAC Cable 0.5ft/15cm for Android Smartphone, Galaxy S21 Note20, Oxygen-Free Copper Cor for Amplifier, Fiio BTR 5 Q3S BTR3K, qudelix 5k, xd-05 Plus, HIDIZS S9 PRO, Shanling UA2…

by Gadgetao
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09KLY1T9D/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_41CKCJACN954WAAKJZPG?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Jul 21, 2022 at 5:04 AM Post #350 of 354
Just got my Earmen Sparrow. Unfortunately i'm having the same problems with EMI with the balanced output. I have sent an email to support@earmen.com. It's been almost 2 weeks and apart from an automated response to my problem, i've not gotten a word from them. It's crazy that such a product is inherently defective and they are not recalling and replacing their products proactively.

Jul 21, 2022 at 7:33 AM Post #352 of 354
Just got my Earmen Sparrow. Unfortunately i'm having the same problems with EMI with the balanced output. I have sent an email to support@earmen.com. It's been almost 2 weeks and apart from an automated response to my problem, i've not gotten a word from them. It's crazy that such a product is inherently defective and they are not recalling and replacing their products proactively.

Yeah not sure what's going on with Earmen at the moment. The MK2 Sparrow seemed to get pulled from their website within weeks/months of its release and now there's no sign of it anymore.

When I was having problems with my Mk1 I asked them if a Mk2 was coming out and they wouldn't tell me, then one comes out a couple of months later and it disappears again. Strange stuff!

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #353 of 354
Any news on the Sparrow MK2 - does it have the EMI noise issue fixed?

Feb 14, 2023 at 10:17 PM Post #354 of 354
Bought one from my friend without original usb cable, tried with baseus 3 feet usb type C to C, and it still has noise issue, ugraded to cust014ext_Auris_sparrow_7982.rom still no luck. For now I tried to order custom made 2 feet USB cable with shielded mogami cable.
After doing firmware update there's a change in the sound signature to the way that I don't like, is it possible to get old firmware and downgrade it to get back to the sound I like? I saw there is version 7922 and 7923 in the upgrade guide.
Can anyone share any fimware version for me to try?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back