Earmax Pro power supply issue
Oct 10, 2005 at 1:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

edisonwu

Headphoneus Supremus
I am asking my friend in China to build an improvement power supply for the earmax pro. Since it would take a long way for sending the amp to him from canada to china, then need to ship them back to me, though it could save time and prevent lots of problems, I have to reject this inconvenient way. So he suggests me to use the multimeter to measure the voltages and currents between the folowing three poles of the amp.
img73223al.jpg

but, I am a guy like know nothing about electricity DIY. I also do not have a multimeter so far. even though I had one, I don't know how to use it.
What I am looking for now is someone who have those parameters and would like to give to me , or may be someone here could also provide me any other relevant reinformations or suggestions. You will be the most appreciated.

best regards
Edison

Oct 10, 2005 at 3:02 AM Post #2 of 10
Hey Edison, this could be a very interesting project. If your friend is willing, I'm sure there are some current and potential (ahem, me) EMP owners that would be very interested in an upgraded power supply. Much of the improvements AE is a result of the more robust mains that it comes with.

Does your friend have a lot of experience building electronic equipment and to package it nicely in a solid enclosure (um...because we Head-Fiers are a bit of particular)? If so, this has the potential to be a group buy and we may all be able to share the costs.

Oct 10, 2005 at 3:34 AM Post #3 of 10
Where is Jazz when you need him. I am guessing someone here would be able to get that information. I am off from work today and tomorrow. So I could try to get the information on Tuesday. Hopefully someone here can get the info sooner. I would be interested as well in getting a upgraded power supply. I leave my EMP at work because I listen to music the most there.

-Chris

Oct 10, 2005 at 1:09 PM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
I...he suggests me to use the multimeter to measure the voltages and currents between the ... three poles of the amp.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
Where is Jazz when you need him...

I tried to measure the output voltage on the power supply, but the measuring tips I have aren't fine enough to fit through the plug's metal tube to make contact with the tiny pins buried inside.

peacesign.gif

Oct 10, 2005 at 9:51 PM Post #8 of 10
Guys,
Many thanks for your time reading the post and for the interest in this topic.

Oski,
I totally agree what you said. The power supply is one thing that need to be not necessarily but urgently improved if you desire more from what you already have by paying nothing extra. My friend is a pro AMP diyer. I believe he is experienced enough to handle this job.

JaZZ,
I can see how you have tried your best. I appreciate your promptness and diligence in attending to measure the voltages and electric currents. Anyways, If you find a way out for the measurement, don't hesitate, post the result here.

agile_one,
This review of the Earmax Pro is just simply perfect. There are lots of values of the EMP in it. I have already sended it to my friend. Hopefully he will know more about the EMP and come up with an idea for building a special power supply.

Thanks again for those all of you posted here.

best regards
Edison

Oct 10, 2005 at 11:39 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by edisonwu
Oski,
I totally agree what you said. The power supply is one thing that need to be not necessarily but urgently improved if you desire more from what you already have by paying nothing extra. My friend is a pro AMP diyer. I believe he is experienced enough to handle this job.

Great to hear! Please keep us posted, I for one would be very interested in what your friend comes up with.

Oct 11, 2005 at 8:56 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oski
Great to hear! Please keep us posted, I for one would be very interested in what your friend comes up with.

Me too. TIA

Users who are viewing this thread

Back