Earmax Anniversary not here yet. Why not?
Mar 30, 2006 at 7:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bobbyk

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered the last Earmax Anniversary in the UK from Stone Audio on Thursday 23rd March 2006, cost £895

They told me they should have it on Monday or Tuesday of this week to send to me via next day delivery.

I've spoken to them twice and e-mailed them once to try and get a delivery date, so that I can be in to receive it. The e-mail wasn't answered and the only answer I can get regarding delivery is, "We'll call when it comes in." No one seems terribly bothered about chasing it up. It's so frustrating when you're so looking forward to receiving something, particularly when it's quite expensive.

How long does it take to get an amp that is in stock from the supplier, to the dealer and onto the purchaser?

I advertised my old one on the forum. Had it sold and into the hands of doctorjuggles within 3 dyas!!!

Has anyone else had this sought of experience with Stone Audio?

Do you think I'm being unreasonable expecting to be here within a week? Please feel free to be honest.

Mar 30, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #2 of 9
Agree!

I'm also waiting for an expensive Cary CAD 300-SEI + HD650, I have sent a mail and nobody answered for telling me if the item has been shipped... I have ordered and paid in the same day (20 of march) with wire transfer. Very disappointed with them even considering that I have bought a lot of gears from STONEAUDIO. I don't understand WHY they do not give any answer. Not the first time... when I bought the K1000... was the same story...

Reading your post I can see that you are in UK, so this is not a problem only with international buyers... !!! ???

Unfortunately this is not a hi class store, this is my impression !

Best!
Nicola

Mar 31, 2006 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 9
I would have ordered direct from the Audiophile Club.Usually no more than two days delivery

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:34 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by bobbyk
I advertised my old one on the forum. Had it sold and into the hands of doctorjuggles within 3 dyas!!!

I could rent it back to you at £10 a day until your AE arrives!!
evil_smiley.gif

Only kidding. Honestly, if you were in the London area I'd be happy to let you borrow it until yours arrives. It's a shame that the AE is taking so long, especially with the premium that StoneAudio charges.

Mar 31, 2006 at 7:53 AM Post #5 of 9
I had a similiar unpleasant experience with stoneaudio.

ordered an Earmax.
no shipping confirmation and absolutely no answer to several inquiry mails.
telephoned'em-actually, a little surprised to know they had been still there
icon10.gif
- and heard they had tried to get it in stock in the meantime and finally got some of'em. but I canceled the order. I was very anxious and could not believe them because that was my very first international order.

I could not understand why they received an order even though they did not have them in stock and why had not given any answer to my e-mails
mad.gif

it seems there're some problems with their customer service
rolleyes.gif

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:07 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ghiberti
Stuff about Stoneaudio

Who did you go through in the end, then?

Mar 31, 2006 at 8:18 AM Post #7 of 9
I took the bull by the horns this morning and contacted The Audiophile Club direct.

It turns out that they had been at an exhibition in France over the weekend and as a result they have had unpacking etc. to do. Sounds like most orders they have will be behind schedule.

They assure me it will be sent out today. Let's hope so.

This still doesn't negate the poor standard of customer service from Stone Audio.
mad.gif

Next time I'll follow RobN's example and buy direct. I must confess I wasn't aware until now that it was an option.
rolleyes.gif

Nik. I bet you can't wait for the Cary to arrive. I know it gets good reviews, and it looks fab too!

Apr 1, 2006 at 1:37 AM Post #9 of 9
I have had bad experiences with stoneaudio in the past. When I originally got the EMP a.e I got mine from the Audiophille club in London.

I sent many emails and a copy of my transaction reciept to stone audio regarding a cable purchase which paid for and did not recieve. I was never got in touch with or corresponded with. Personally I would not do business with them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back