Earbuds?
Mar 1, 2005 at 5:53 AM Post #16 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by gshan
Such as paying for my dates with the gf. So many trips to the ATM, could've been more
smily_headphones1.gif
for me.

-
But anyways, it looks like all the US stores carry the silver version of the RP-HJE50's only? Audiocubes has it in metallic blue and black - but for $39++

Yeah, for that price, you might as well get the Sharps. ;p Although I'd like the metallic blue ones
frown.gif

Mar 1, 2005 at 3:17 PM Post #19 of 30
Quote:

Originally Posted by DaHoboFest
around 50 maybe the e2c?

the e2c will run a little bit more than 50, but not much.

Quote:

how does the e2c in sound quality compare to the sony eggo d22, eggo d66?

i haven't heard the d66, but i can say the e2c handily beats the d22 in SQ. the e2c is pretty bassy for a canalphone, with rolled of treble... which, if i recall correctly, is pretty much what you're looking for.

for the price, i think the e2c is a darn good little canalphone. it'll give you isolation and detail that you won't find elsewhere below $100 (well, maybe the sony V6).

Quote:

how does it compare in comfort?

it depends on how you feel about IEMs. i found the e2c to be pretty comfy, but i don't mind shoving things into my ears. once they're in, most people don't even notice them. the d22 will be less intrusive, no doubt, but they made my ears a little hot when i listened (it was summertime).

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #20 of 30
i kinda like headphones, but i like the portability and what i hear the sound qualit of the e2c. I will have to decide.

i looked at pics of how they go in your ear, they look difficult to put in, and they look like hearing aids lol

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:35 PM Post #21 of 30
Quote:

i kinda like headphones, but i like the portability and what i hear the sound qualit of the e2c. I will have to decide.

i looked at pics of how they go in your ear, they look difficult to put in, and they look like hearing aids lol

they actually look cooler than hearing aids... at least i think so. they're sort of space aged. actually, i think they look the coolest of the shure line.

they really aren't difficult to insert... much easier than my er4p (which actually are quite easy now, but the learning curve was higher).

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:48 PM Post #22 of 30
i was just thinking, i could buy the mx500s or something liek the philips, and then buy some home headphones. the beyers look comfy, my friend just ordered the 770, the one that was looking at them. Anything very comfortable still in sub 60 dollar price range?

Mar 1, 2005 at 11:55 PM Post #23 of 30
Quote:

Anything very comfortable still in sub 60 dollar price range?

well, my fabric-lined px100s come to mind. they're really light, have good sound, and fold up. got them at the egg for $40 shipped a while back. if you prefer closed, the +10 more dollar px200s are comfy too - but they don't sound exactly as good compared to the open 100's.

May 20, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #28 of 30
Sorry guys... I'm a tard n cant figure out how to start a new thread on this site!

I'm looking for the perfect buds for my current situation!

I'm looking 4 some new ear buds... with a few minor demands
Firstly, I need a short cable (aprx 20-30cm) as I use a Jabra dog tag headset (not the best but it'll do until i upgrade), but the point being, i don't have all the extra wiring.
Next, i need the whole "left ear short cable, right ear long cable", round the back of the neck type set-up. 

At this point in time (I regret to say) that sound quality isn't all important. DON'T GET ME WRONG, Its just a case of once I get an idea I can look in2 something allot more specific than my current bank balance will allow. It's not a case of anything will do, simply that im not wanting AAAAA phones with the AAAAA pricetag!

Wouldn't have gone 2 the lenghts of forum posting if i hadn't had so much difficulty in my search! I either find short cables with crap headphones or short cables with Y connections.

PLEASE HELP!
Constant music stops me from having a nervous breakdown with my job n I'm currently either doing without or using substitutes which enrage me more than the job itself!

May 20, 2010 at 10:01 PM Post #29 of 30
at the very top of the page, there's a link to start a new thread.

however, i'm not even sure that is going to get you much help.

you have a very detailed set of needs...  and, the area where we would be able to help you most - sound quality - you don't care too much about.

i'd maybe suggest doing a google search for "earbuds for running".  sounds like the asymmetrical cable and short length comes with that territory.

good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back