Earbud decisions.. Razer and Sennheiser?
Aug 19, 2008 at 8:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

user123456

Head-Fier
I'm really confused going into this.

but, i think i understand that the Sennheiser cx-300 s are the best ones for under $40 dollars, correct? but what about the razer m100 s? I heard theyre basically the same earbuds... help would be appreciated !
smile.gif

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:05 AM Post #2 of 12
They are not the same.

They are, however, very likely manufactured by the same company (Foster Japan) for both but tuned differently in sound signature.

Aug 19, 2008 at 9:12 AM Post #3 of 12
i tried looking around here, and it seems that the JVCFXs (66) and the cx-300s are the best for my price range? would you have any ideas where to get a deal on the cx-300s?

also, thanks for the tips on cleaning them in your thread.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 12
Go for the Sennheisers-well-known brand, better sound quality.

Aug 19, 2008 at 10:59 AM Post #7 of 12
It's true that the Sennheisers are well-established, and the cheaper ones (i.e., the only ones I have experience with...) are pretty good. However, lots of good stuff has been said about the Yuins. Do a search on Head-Fi for those. The CX300s are OK. They're prettier than the white Denon AH-C351s I have (though IMO, these sound better), they're bassy, they're durable. But buying them online (e.g., eBay) is dodgy. Also, there's a very recent under-$50 earbud/IEM thread here somewhere.

Aug 19, 2008 at 11:03 AM Post #8 of 12
I have the jvc air cushions (hafx66) and am actually very happy with them.

I've recently purchased the mylarone x3i for almost three times the price, and I can't say they're really better. Different, but not better.

For the price, it's hard to beat JVC marshmallows or air cushions.

Haven't heard the Yuin's though, but I like isolation. Don't care for earbuds.

Aug 19, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #9 of 12
thanks guys, the yuins seem great... although they wont have so much sound isolation will they...

but theyre better than the cx-300s? i could look into getting them.

i went to that site, and it's like $15 to canada
frown.gif
comes out at like $54 dollars...

Aug 19, 2008 at 11:07 PM Post #11 of 12
I have had both. The cx300 are really good, big bass (which is sort of well controlled) and good mids and highs. The raxor has less bass but mids and highs are about the same but are much, much cheaper so if you don't mind slightly less bass, go the razor. You also get an airplane adapter and the coolest carry pouch with the razor!

Aug 20, 2008 at 12:30 AM Post #12 of 12
well im only looking for to use what im getting on trips / during school and walking. i cant really find the cx-300's anywhere. when i did, it came to $54 with shipping to canada, and i cant justify that as i wont use them that much.

so are the jvc fx-33s what i should get? or pay a little more and get the razer m100s? or is there something else in that price range (no more than like $35?) sorry for being so cheap
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back