Ear wax stuck in mesh - 64audio u12t
Oct 6, 2022 at 4:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

zlayde

100+ Head-Fier
This is frustrating and not sure how to solve for it without doing damage my u12t. I've got some ear wax wedged in the mesh. Not a ton but these things sound so amazing and I fear it's starting to impact the experience.

Apologies for the slightly gross image. Thoughts on how to fix/clean it? is there a tool I can use? I tried using the brush tool and it only pushed them in further.

IMG_0129.jpg

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:06 PM Post #2 of 4
Maybe I have extraordinarily waxy ears, but I find occasionally cleaning earwax out of the mesh on earbuds/IEM’s to be a fact of life.
  • What you want to use is peroxide.
  • This is usually not the case, but it’s really lovely when the mesh is removable. You can just pop it out with a sewing needle, soak it in the peroxide for a bit, wipe it off, and put it back in.
  • Otherwise, you can dab a tissue or cloth with the peroxide and then gently rub/blot the mesh, being sure to hold everything so that the liquid won’t run into the interior of the piece.
  • If you want to be thorough, you can fill the bottom of a bottlecap/contact lens case/etc. with peroxide and then perch the piece so that the mesh is just barely submerged, let it soak for a little bit, then wipe it off.

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #3 of 4
And this is safe for the electronics/internals?

Oct 6, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #4 of 4
It is, in the sense that it’s pretty easy to avoid getting the electronics wet. What I can tell you in the way of reassurance is that I’ve cleaned out several different models this way over many years and I haven’t damaged anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back