Ear Scope Wax Removal System =]
Mar 2, 2007 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

laxx

Headphoneus Supremus
So apparently there's a home use Ear Scope now. I'm waiting to hear when it'll be available here in the US, or at least when we'll be able to buy it. Does this interest any of you guys? We can finally stop using Q-tips. Oh, and we can finally see how dirty it looks inside our own ears, lol.

Ear Scope GXL/TV

Mar 2, 2007 at 9:40 PM Post #2 of 12
Should make an excellent addition to my Flowbee. Thursdays, with my DIY hygienic devices and a bottle of scotch, are going to be a hoot.

flowbee.jpg

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:08 PM Post #3 of 12
^ That guy is a fool. One doesn't need a mirror to Flowbee...look he's not even looking at the reflection. That whole photo is staged! And who would Flowbee in a sweet Saturday night shirt like that? That kind of garment stays pressed in the closet for da ladies...manipulative advertising all the way.

--

$140 is pretty strong...if they cut the price is half, and if it ahem works, I would be interested.

Mar 2, 2007 at 10:27 PM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by laxx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So apparently there's a home use Ear Scope now. I'm waiting to hear when it'll be available here in the US, or at least when we'll be able to buy it. Does this interest any of you guys? We can finally stop using Q-tips. Oh, and we can finally see how dirty it looks inside our own ears, lol.

Ear Scope GXL/TV

I would not let a kid poke around in their ears with that device or even a Q-tip for that matter, the slightest poke in the wrong area and you will have to live with a constant ringing for the rest of your life. You should never have to poke around in your ear, just use water, swimmers have the cleanest ears, no joke!

Mar 2, 2007 at 11:10 PM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphicism /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would not let a kid poke around in their ears with that device or even a Q-tip for that matter, the slightest poke in the wrong area and you will have to live with a constant ringing for the rest of your life. You should never have to poke around in your ear, just use water, swimmers have the cleanest ears, no joke!

What about IEM's?
I normally clean my ears by shoving my IEM's in there and pulling them out again. If they come out covered with earwax, I know my ears are now clean.

But I have very runny earwax, which is probably never going to clump up and normally just flows out like a waterfall...

Mar 3, 2007 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 12
I can see some perforated eardrums and lawsuits in the future against this company. Not a good idea, IMO.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What about IEM's?
I normally clean my ears by shoving my IEM's in there and pulling them out again. If they come out covered with earwax, I know my ears are now clean.

But I have very runny earwax, which is probably never going to clump up and normally just flows out like a waterfall...

Most people that clean their ears with q-tips just end up packing the wax down into their ear canal. Slowly and more the vast majority of people, we start to loose high end frequency due to the plug of impacted earwax. I clean my ears every day and am sure that I have that problem, that scope would be nice...

Mar 3, 2007 at 5:15 AM Post #8 of 12
DO NOT USE Q-TIPS PEOPLE. Q-tips only pack down the wax in your ears. I used to use q-tips, went to see an ENT, and he pulled out huge globs of wax out of my ears. Ever since, I just use water+soap to wash them out in the shower. My IEMs always come out clean
blink.gif

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samgotit /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Should make an excellent addition to my Flowbee. Thursdays, with my DIY hygienic devices and a bottle of scotch, are going to be a hoot.

flowbee.jpg

ROFL

Mar 3, 2007 at 7:46 AM Post #10 of 12
i want to try this stuff out, just look at the user replys, one had a crap load of wax ... AND A TREE TWIG!

http://www.earclear.com/

Mar 3, 2007 at 10:15 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Slowly and more the vast majority of people, we start to loose high end frequency due to the plug of impacted earwax.

AFAIK high frequency hearing loss (of which the most common form is the age related presbycusis) tends to affect the inner ear and central nervous system. The hearing drum epithelium tends to migrate outwards If you (don't try this at home) mark it with with a marker pen the ink will have migrated in the direction of the external auditory canal in a few weeks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mher6 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DO NOT USE Q-TIPS PEOPLE.

x2. I had a bad experience

Users who are viewing this thread

Back