Ear Pains
Oct 20, 2008 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Overheat

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

It's been a long time since my last post here, but I'm back to play as I've rediscovered my love of music on the move.

I've recently been forced to upgrade from my Archos AV500 / Sennheiser PX100 setup, as my headphones were stolen in a recent burglary. Anyway, this isn't a tale of woe, instead I've seen it as an excuse to treat myself and I've bought a pair of Shure SE420-K earphones and dragged my Discman D-465 back out of hiding.

Anyway, the reason I'm babbling on is this. It's only my first day of using the new in-ears for extended periods - well, about an hour at a time - and now, several hours later, my ears are still experiencing a burning sensation and I'm wondering if this is normal?

I had some Shure E2Cs previously, but only used them 3 or 4 times before I lost them, although I don't recall them irritating my ears quite as much as this. Will this sensation disepate, or am I using them wrong? I'm currently using the foam buds as the other two types felt a bit solid, but perhaps I should be using them?

Well, whatever advice anyone can give me is welcome
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #2 of 4
Did you play it too loud?

Oct 20, 2008 at 2:40 AM Post #3 of 4
May be you are using a slightly larger-than-needed eartips? In any case, I'll suggest you rest for a day or two before using it for another extended period.

Oct 20, 2008 at 1:08 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZoNtO /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you play it too loud?

No, if anything it was too quiet for me.

My ears aren't hurting after a good night's sleep, so I'll try a smaller pair of ear buds to see if it makes a difference. Thanks for your advice people
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back