Eagle-Fi: The Eagle Scout Directory
Dec 24, 2005 at 1:44 AM Post #32 of 40
I am an Eagle from the class of 1968. I was twelve when I received it. The Governor came and gave me the award and I was in Boy's Life as the youngest Eagle Scout in America. My mom still has the Boy's Life.

I went to the World Jamboree in Japan when I was 15 despite the fact that I pretty much quit scouting a year prior. I liked the camping the best of anything .....I went to Philmont too in 1968. It is interesting to hear that it is still open and operating.

Dec 24, 2005 at 3:05 AM Post #33 of 40
Isn't the wait to goto philmont close to 2 years?

I didn't want to wait, so I went to Hammond and Packard. I really want to do some "high adventure" stuff, but haven't found anything I can afford/have time for lately.

Feb 17, 2010 at 5:18 AM Post #34 of 40
Got my Eagle in 2007. I wish I would've gotten the project done sooner. I pretty much had a palm, but didn't get it since I got my project done right before my 18th birthday. After me, we've had a few other Eagles like that in the Troop. It would be nice to get it done sooner and get some palms, but it doesn't really matter now. It was definitely worth all the work.

Since then, I've been an Assistant Scoutmaster in my Troop. I didn't have to move away for college, so I was able to stay active in my Troop. It's been the most fun I've ever had. Seeing it from the leaders' perspective is pretty fun too. We never did anything like Philmont or the National Jamboree, but we do go caving once each year. Despite being able to die very easily, it's a blast. Maybe that's part of the fun.

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #36 of 40
I wanted to make Eagle Scout. I was very active in the Cub Scouts and got my Arrow of Light, but about 2 months later, we moved to India and when we were there, there wasn't an active scouting program so I dropped out of scouts and by the time I came back to the US, I was 16 and severely lacking the motivation to go back to scouting and try to finish it up in 2 years so I never got around to it...
frown.gif

Feb 17, 2010 at 3:50 PM Post #37 of 40

Users who are viewing this thread

Back