E72 vs E71 (vs Nexus)
Jan 13, 2010 at 1:35 PM Post #16 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by LordofDoom /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just wait till you try Google Voice on a home computer. I'll never pay for "texting" in my phone plan again :p

One of the downfalls of living in Australia, Google hates. :p

Jan 20, 2010 at 2:44 AM Post #17 of 32
Got my E72 today, can anyone recommend a case? I'm currently looking at an Otterbox Commuter. Any one with experience with Otterbox?

Thanks,
Matt.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 23, 2010 at 11:37 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky191 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is the camera any good. The E71's camera is dire.

Nokia E72 camera is much better then E71,anyway if you looking for a camera get a compact(Canon,Panasonic TZ7),if you want something with AMOLED get a Samsung Omnia HD.....but if you want a real mobile phone with a good battery life and nice build quality get Nokia E72.
I have this phone for couple of weeks now and is awesome.Battery life is 6 days,with calls 30 min a day,mess,surf the web.I managed to hack it so now i can install all the applications i want for S60 V3.It can even play FLAC and OGG,so with my W3 is an amazing player,and internet radio is great.
L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 12:32 AM Post #21 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow, cool that it plays FLAC. All I need is a 16gb microSDHC that won't cost me +$50.

Yes,make sure anyway to get a Sandisk class 2 or above for that,becouse once you have all that 16 gb filled with music the phone can be quite slow..
But anyway this is worth.Sound quality on FLAC files is close to my Clip+.
Nokia E72 have a dedicated audio chip inside,i've read somewhere.
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicday /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nokia E72 camera is much better then E71,anyway if you looking for a camera get a compact(Canon,Panasonic TZ7),if you want something with AMOLED get a Samsung Omnia HD.....but if you want a real mobile phone with a good battery life and nice build quality get Nokia E72.
I have this phone for couple of weeks now and is awesome.Battery life is 6 days,with calls 30 min a day,mess,surf the web.I managed to hack it so now i can install all the applications i want for S60 V3.It can even play FLAC and OGG,so with my W3 is an amazing player,and internet radio is great.
L3000.gif

N1 also has AMOLED (I don't know why one would opt for a Symbian device that has a counterpart that is almost exactly the same with another OS, since Symbian is outdated)

Jan 24, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #23 of 32
What's the N1?

What's the logic behind telling some on to carry a seperate camera but then using Flac on a mobile. I might as well tell you to use a dedicated music player. On the E71 the lack of dedicated music buttons like on a SE phone are annoying. I've heard the E72 has a dedicated music chip. But couldn't find any info on it either.

Jan 24, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

What's the N1?

What's the logic behind telling some on to carry a seperate camera but then using Flac on a mobile. I might as well tell you to use a dedicated music player. On the E71 the lack of dedicated music buttons like on a SE phone are annoying. I've heard the E72 has a dedicated music chip. But couldn't find any info on it either.

I am not saying IMO to listen to E72 on FLAC on the go,i mean that now you can do that.And i don't care about AMOLED on my mobile.I like Symbian platform cause is quite mature and i have been using Nokia since my 3310 few years back.
The most important thing for me in a mobile is battery life and here's where Nokia E72 doesd it very well 6days+.
regular_smile .gif

Jan 24, 2010 at 6:06 PM Post #25 of 32
I have the E71x. Kinda disappointed to have gotten the AT&T gimped software. Surprised to find it isn't terrible because of that. Music Player is pretty solid. HP out is better than my iPod. But driving anything that isn't sensitive is futile; it's quite quiet. 6 days of battery
dt880smile.png
. I use wi-fi instead of having a data plan, which saves me money and isn't a bad way to go.

If you own a Mac, I highly recommend the E71/72, the nokia software for iSync makes organizing your calendar and contacts a breeze.

Jan 29, 2010 at 12:00 AM Post #27 of 32
E71... But the Nexus One has Android..... which is 100x better than S60 OS on the Nokias, I have one myself and play Flac via memory card and will download a Last.fm Scrobbing Player Soon... makes a nice portable
wink.gif

Dec 20, 2010 at 5:27 PM Post #29 of 32

Quote:
Quote:

Is the camera any good. The E71's camera is dire.

L3000.gif

Hi, can you give some details on how to make Nokia E72 play FLAC?

I have found a FLAC player for Android but nothing for Nokia Symbians. My whole music collection is FLAC and listening to mp3s through my headphones makes music sound awfull.

I would be very happy if you would replay or message me. Thanks          

ps: I can testify E72 is much better than E71 but its battery never gets to 6days even in light use. All in all great for a Nokia, but Android OS is just in another league. And thinking you get pretty decent Androids for about 100£  (like LG GT540 Optimus) puts things into perspective. However  I have tried some FLAC players on LG GT540 and it didnt come close to the sound of a Cowon S9. And since Ive given my Cowon to someone, now Im flacless and pretty desperate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back