E5c vs Full cans.
Oct 19, 2004 at 5:56 PM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot MD
First of all I'm using an SR-71 to drive the two, but E5's feel about 80% of the HD650's. The E5's lack the extension in highs and lows (especially in the highs where the 650's really outshine the canalphones) and the bass is a bit forward so they aren't nearly as balanced. Of course, the soundstage is also constricted comparatively. Otherwise, the two have similar clarity, resolution and speed. These are also with the stock cables and I am saving to try some Zu or Oelbach cables but they'll have to come after I upgrade my source (again.
frown.gif
)

I use the HD650s with the Zu Mobius. This further increases the difference between the E5c and the 650. With the Zu the 650s shine and the E5c do not have the bass depth, the separation or the impact. But they are certainly excellent if you want isolation (or if as in my case my wife wants me to be isolated :-0)

Bang for buck in in-ear phones the E5c are great.

Simon

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:11 PM Post #17 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by bLue_oNioN
I personally find the manner in which the E5 handles decay very pleasant, and almost addicting to listen to. Hope I'm not alone here
biggrin.gif

Nope, you are not alone...
biggrin.gif

Oct 19, 2004 at 11:13 PM Post #18 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by raptor18
I think the Er-4P sounds a bit "thin". How does the E5c compare to that? My grado sr60 for example sounds very "full" and wide. Am i making sense?

Regards
Raptor

The E5 blows the doors off the SR60's in every aspect except maybe treble extension. Since getting the E5's the rest of my headphones sit in a drawer (including the SR60) while I use the E5's every day.

Oct 20, 2004 at 5:34 AM Post #20 of 22
Well, A900 isn't exactly the Grado SR-60's either.. hehehe...

I did like the E5c more than A900 due to its sound signature, but there's obviously things that A900 are far superior at in comparison to the E5c. For example, soundstage, sound imaging & high-end detail. They are distinctively two very different flavors, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Oct 20, 2004 at 5:50 AM Post #21 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
The E5 blows the doors off the SR60's in every aspect except maybe treble extension.

. . . and maybe sound stage, they seem rougly even in my opinion, but resolution and placement (smaller holes) seems superior on the E5's, just there's no depth and hardly any width to either of them. Plus while the E5's provide Groove Factor 5, Sr60's are closer to Groove Factor 8 I think.
tongue.gif

Heh, while writing this I had a strange thought (not meaing to thread-jack but. . .) The smiley's list seems a little short (and getting close to obsolete), so mayhaps contributors (or everyone
icon10.gif
) could have an updated/extended selection?

Oct 20, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #22 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idiot MD
. . . and maybe sound stage, they seem rougly even in my opinion, but resolution and placement (smaller holes) seems superior on the E5's, just there's no depth and hardly any width to either of them. Plus while the E5's provide Groove Factor 5, Sr60's are closer to Groove Factor 8 I think.
tongue.gif

Heh, while writing this I had a strange thought (not meaing to thread-jack but. . .) The smiley's list seems a little short (and getting close to obsolete), so mayhaps contributors (or everyone
icon10.gif
) could have an updated/extended selection?

hmmm I find the E5's far more groovy... I think I'd flip your ratings...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back