E500 PTH from SHURE
Jul 19, 2006 at 8:59 PM Post #91 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
I've already said more than I intended to and may have to go back on my previous comments.....we'll see.

Only thing I've seen you really say is that it's better than the E2c/g and that it seems nicely balanced (treble not recessed). I certainly hope it's not the E2c/g comment that you may go back on O.o

Jul 20, 2006 at 1:07 AM Post #92 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sugarfried
Allow me to further clarify: In most states we will not replace a product that has a failure in the cable if the cable has been intentionally modified and then fails at the point of modification. So your example of someone recabling a headphone that later has a driver failure isn't really apples to apples to the point I was making.

Here is the warranty statement posted at our website:

So in some states (perhaps MD is one of them) even destroying a product intentionally may not void the warranty. But it's not in all states in the US, and it is certainly not in all countries in the world.

So while this is our policy, there have been many here whom have posted that their product was replaced at no charge even after the warranty expired. On a case by case basis our service dept evauates the failure mode, and if the failure is a defect that is our fault we usually replace at no (or very low) fees.

For the record, in eight years of designing/developing earphones at Shure I have never heard of anyone threatening to take us to court over our warranty policies. That's not an open invitation or anything...[/i]

Probably not very useful right now but I'd like to say thanks to the guysngals at Shure UK for replacing my E4s without a fuss. The new pair rock just fine.

Chunks

Jul 20, 2006 at 5:10 AM Post #96 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
E5C's are overpriced a few Benjamins.

They really should be at the same price level as the UM2. I've never really understood why Shure hasn't already dropped the price to that level to at least be competitive with Westone.

Jul 21, 2006 at 10:35 PM Post #97 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by spaztastic116
Do you guys anticipate that the price of the Shure's other iems will drop with the relesse of these?

Absolutely--expect deep discounts on good, used Shure equipment, especially the E5c.

Jul 22, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #99 of 121
It ought to be fun seeing all the impressions starting to roll in next week. New products always tend to polarize views...much arguing will ensue
wink.gif

Jul 22, 2006 at 9:07 PM Post #101 of 121
I disagree with the manner in which you have disagreed with me!!!11
wink.gif

Any updates on impressions between E2c and E500? You scared me a bit with the "I've already said more than I intended to and may have to go back on my previous comments.....we'll see." comment.

Jul 24, 2006 at 10:27 PM Post #102 of 121
I gave Headroom a call today about an unrelated issue, but found out that apparently Shure is shipping the E500's to them today, so they should be receiving them by the end of the week. Looks like the August 1st availability was a pretty close guess.

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:25 PM Post #103 of 121
Quote:

Originally Posted by fierce_freak
I disagree with the manner in which you have disagreed with me!!!11
wink.gif

Any updates on impressions between E2c and E500? You scared me a bit with the "I've already said more than I intended to and may have to go back on my previous comments.....we'll see." comment.

Don't worry, the E500 is much better than the E2c.....fear not
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 24, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #104 of 121
Just got this message from Earphonesolutions.com, I don't understand what's going on? Why can't they ship E500 outside the US? Does anybody know a seller who will ship it to England? I haven't tried to email the others but I think only Earphonesolutions.com doesn't? Am I correct?

------------------
Thank you for your order from EarphoneSolutions.com.

We have just been advised by Shure that we will not be allowed to ship the E500 outside the US. We apologize for any inconvenience.

If you want we can find out from Shure who will be handling the E500 distribution in your country and let you know.

We can also ship the new Triple X Triple Driver Earphones by Ultimate Ears (available in August) and all earphones made by UE and Westone.

We can also ship your Shure E500 to an address in the US. Perhaps a friend or relative.

Again please accept our apologies but unfortunately it's beyond our control.

Thank you,
--------------------------

Jul 25, 2006 at 1:21 AM Post #105 of 121
Due to greed toucam, they can make more money by charging more overseas. If they were allowed to ship internationally, then international dealers wouldn't get to rip off their customers since they'd all buy cheaper from US.

That's all that matters with business, everything else is just a front

Luckily there's a market for quality or the only headphones we'd get were apple earbuds

Users who are viewing this thread

Back