E500 Cable Question
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:58 AM Post #16 of 32
I understand ppl don't recommend E500s for use with running, but these are my only earphones. I dont think it looks cool.
biggrin.gif
I usually try hiding it underneath clothing. the cables are a bit too bulky for my taste, but I absolutely love the sound from these. I didnt like the UM2s. And I just can't bother waiting for the Westone 3.

Jun 12, 2007 at 1:03 PM Post #18 of 32
I bought mine at the beginning of January this year. The wires are thinner than the cables that were on my e3 or my e4s that I used to have. there is not a seperate (enclosed) stiff shapable wire in these, but the first 4 inches or so is designed to stay conformed to the curled shape from wrapping around my ears. They may be temprature reactive or something.
blink.gif

Anyways, I likie
tongue.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 2:12 PM Post #19 of 32
It took several months for my E500 wires to conform to my ear shape, but now they stay that way. I had the UE SF5 pros before that did have memory wire and I would say that the E500s cables shape very similar, in fact I like them better.

I dont think I would try and straighten them out at this point, they are stiff enough that I would be concerned that the cable would crack. Interesting how they slowly just locked in though.

Jun 12, 2007 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 32
Be careful with "memory" wires for the E500s as they are actually just reacting to temperature/sweat/oil and harden. My first pair of E500s also obtained "memory" wires and they cracked.

Jun 15, 2007 at 5:28 AM Post #22 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2deadeyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Be careful with "memory" wires for the E500s as they are actually just reacting to temperature/sweat/oil and harden. My first pair of E500s also obtained "memory" wires and they cracked.

I guess that means I'll just have to ride the waranty till i can save up and buy the UE 10 pros.
etysmile.gif

Jun 26, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #23 of 32
Is there any way to keep the E500 cable from getting stiff?

Jun 27, 2007 at 12:30 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by moseboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any way to keep the E500 cable from getting stiff?

I guess wiping them with a damp towel after each use. Maybe a bit of armor all on the cable plastic cover.

Jun 27, 2007 at 2:26 AM Post #25 of 32
I wish I could just get them recabled altogether. That would make the E500 so much better...

Jun 29, 2007 at 5:20 AM Post #27 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by hybrid.09 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mine cracked brutally. For some reason by pair was really crappy. The plastic on the ear bud chipped, the wires cracked in 3 places.

I wonder If warranty will cover it all.

Oh, definitely. Shure will replace them no questions asked. Just give them a call.

Jun 29, 2007 at 4:35 PM Post #28 of 32
Yeah I've already sent them out an e-mail. I guess it does form, they harden when it comes in contact with sweat and a certain amount of degrees. I remember they used to harden real bad in the winter and I was afraid it would crack even more.

Jun 30, 2007 at 12:23 AM Post #29 of 32
moseboy sorry to see what happened to your E500. I guess mine won't be to far behind.
confused.gif
Sadly, Shure has not said anything. I gues they figure most people will not complain, that is a very poor attitude IMO.

Jun 30, 2007 at 8:10 AM Post #30 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
moseboy sorry to see what happened to your E500. I guess mine won't be to far behind.
confused.gif
Sadly, Shure has not said anything. I gues they figure most people will not complain, that is a very poor attitude IMO.

Umm... nothing has happened to my E500 yet. Not saying it won't, but it hasn't yet (and I sure hope not: they're 3 days old
tongue.gif
).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back