E500 Cable Question
Jun 10, 2007 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

TurboRotaryFreak

Head-Fier
I previously owned UM2s and loved the cables. They were extremely flexible and perfect, imo. I was wondering if anyone recables E500s. This is all I want to do atm. I did searches only to find ssome customer made e500s ffor someone in japan? well i dont really want anything else but the cable redone. and i would like a fairly quick turn around. it's not that I haven't looked, i just cant seem to find any threads which speak of getting the standard cables replaced. my main concern is with the wires protruding from the earphones themselves and going down to the first junction - I believe it's 9 inches long.

Much thanks for your responses.

Jun 11, 2007 at 4:51 PM Post #6 of 32
I would like to recable mine as well since they are stiff as you said and there is no memory cable to wrap around your ear. However since there is no plug I doubt if they could be re-cabled. Maybe a post in the headphone forum...

Jun 11, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #8 of 32
So I guess I'm basically screwed
frown.gif
Oh well. i don't know what to do.

Jun 11, 2007 at 10:43 PM Post #9 of 32
i hate these wires, too..

take it to an audiologist around you. maybe they can assist you with some custom fits and replace the wires with UE/westone ones.. downside is that you wont be able to re-sell it if you do so..

Jun 12, 2007 at 3:02 AM Post #10 of 32
strange, my e500s have memory wire. that is why they are stiff and stay curved where they wrap around my ears. I like the wires on these way better than the wire that was on my e3s and e4s.
blink.gif

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:43 AM Post #11 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
strange, my e500s have memory wire. that is why they are stiff and stay curved where they wrap around my ears. I like the wires on these way better than the wire that was on my e3s and e4s.
blink.gif

Really? Do you have a recent production version?

I bought mine back in November and I do not have the memory wire.

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:50 AM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hermitt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
blink.gif

My friend's E500s were very shiny (sweaty) and they made a stiff memory thing. I don't think it's technically considered "memory". The E5c's have memory wire.

Jun 12, 2007 at 5:51 AM Post #13 of 32
No memory wire, I woulda loved memory wire. This thing kinda forms but its not quite sturdy. Its just fat and clumsy looking. Too much insulation on the wires themselves and they just look horrendous. Woulda appreciated a more refined cable, but i guess short of spending humungous amounts of money getting these recabled, I am pretty much stuck. And here I was, the DA10 almost within my reach. Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back