E4cs for $149, why are E4s more expencive?
Aug 16, 2005 at 3:35 AM Post #16 of 28
Color is the #1 concern when woman shops for a car.
So there must be a lot of woman around buying this,
Or with a tendency to be a woman
etysmile.gif

Aug 16, 2005 at 3:43 AM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bostonears
Shure probably manufactured WAY too many of the white ones. Personally, I'd prefer black, so nobody mistakenly thinks I'm using a friggin' Ipod.

*nods head*

Aug 16, 2005 at 12:00 PM Post #19 of 28
eCost's price on the E4c is indeed back up to $229. Congrats to anyone who managed to get in an order at $149. If you're still interested in buying some, I'd check back on the eCost site a few times over the next several days. Their prices change more than Paris Hilton's wardrobe.

Aug 16, 2005 at 1:27 PM Post #20 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz
Well, Shure e4c is targeting at the consumer.
Shure e4 is targeting at the professional.

I believe they produce way more shure e4c than e4. Consider it is for the consumer and it matches the color of iPod. I went for the color white because I want it to match my iPod.

Usually, yes it's true, yet in this case i don't see how it's targeting either... Maybe eith e5/e5c that was the case.

There are black portables as well, it might match an iaudio x5 better, that's why they make it in these 2 colors (to me i don't think the professional wants any color other then transparent, or see-through acrliyic/silicon)

Aug 17, 2005 at 2:03 PM Post #21 of 28
The sale is over, I should have bought a pair for trade purposes! Stupid me.

In response to the color issue,
A. White things get dirty and look ugly after a while
B. White is trendy (like silver was for components in the 80s) and will no doubt look very "yesterday" very soon...(black one has no sound difference)
C. I do not own very many white jackets or shirts so it sticks out like a sore thumb against dark things.
D. Its nice if it matches my black player
E. Compared to my Iriver with Rockbox the Ipod is nothing more than a slick looking alarm clock that dosn't play enough formats and can't hook up without software to every computer using a simple USB plug.

Aug 17, 2005 at 8:20 PM Post #24 of 28
Buy.com has the E4C for $174.99 - $15 (10% off coupon) + $6 shipping = $166. The thing is that it is not in stock right now, but soon.

Aug 17, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #25 of 28
I grabbed a pair for $150, thanks for the heads up spence! I upgraded to second day shipping, and got them the next day. Very fast service.

As for the color, I kind of like the idea of ipod-as-jewelry owners thinking that I have the stock earbuds somehow jammed inside my ears upside down. I will guarantee that some of them will try it with stock buds. Somehow this amuses me.

gerG

Aug 18, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Turner_Brown
Wow, great price. Can anyone vouch for this site?

I will say this...I filled in my contact info in order to get a shipping quote (some sites make you register before the shipping shows up) and decided to think about it after that. They called me that evening saying that they were new and there was some construction on the site and wanted to know if I had placed an order and it had not gone through, and if I had found everything alright etc.
This is either a very good thing or a very bad thing, I can't decide which
wink.gif

The shipping price was very reasonable btw and I'm in Canada.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back