e4 - am I beeing scammed
Sep 29, 2007 at 1:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 47

fokfokfok

New Head-Fier
I bought a pair of e4c's on ebay. I recieved them today and was surprised that they were differen from the ones I already own. I cant really compare the sound since they use diffent size nozzles so I can't use the same tips.

I took I few blurry pictures comparing the two:
http://www.bgst.dk/e4.jpg
and
http://www.bgst.dk/e4-1.jpg

The one on the right is the one from ebay.

Am I beeing scammed?

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:15 PM Post #3 of 47
There was just a thread about this, a $34 fake e4c in black. Check the top of the mini jack if it has a number printed on it (unless they just printed the same number on all the fakes).

But after looking at your pictures Shure has never used a different nozzle style. It is also a different size, I'm almost certain they are fakes.

How much did these cost you?

Sep 29, 2007 at 1:33 PM Post #4 of 47
how does the "fake" sound compared to the real one? If they're comparable in sound quality, I'll take the $34 fake any time.
icon10.gif

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:00 PM Post #6 of 47
They are fakes, I'm 100% sure.
There isn't ANY e4c's without that number.

Contact the seller and see if you can work a deal out.

$132 is a gross overcharging for a fake product.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:04 PM Post #7 of 47
And the 'curve' on the metal cylinder part is about 90 degrees on the fake ones and about 45 degrees on the real ones.

Sep 29, 2007 at 2:22 PM Post #8 of 47
When it come to these type of products, unfortunately EBay becomes a synonym for FAKE; or you could simply say EBay becomes a "4-letter" word. Most of the headphones offered on EBay, at super prices, are what they are - to good to be true. I say 'most' just in case there's one honest vendor out there, but if the price DOESN'T fit - can you say 'bye-bye'!!!!!

Sep 29, 2007 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 47
Counterfeit.
Work it out with the seller.
If not, knowingly selling a counterfeit product through the mail is mail fraud. At least, that's what you can threaten him with.
Or, file a claim with Paypal. You have proof that they are fake. Or, if you have a charge card you used, you can fight it there. Either way, you have a myriad of options.

Sep 29, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 47
Well I contacted the seller and he is offering a partial refund, which I of course cannot accept. I paid with paypal. Anybody knows how I should proceed if the seller continues to deny a full refund?

Sep 29, 2007 at 5:56 PM Post #13 of 47
Proceed. They're fake, you have confirmation. Email the pictures to Shure to get confirmation from them.
You'll have that to back you up.
File with Paypal, it takes about a month, but they've been good about getting me back when I've been scammed.
They're worth about $10, so unless his refund is $122, I'd say don't bother.

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #14 of 47
Quote:

Originally Posted by fokfokfok /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well I contacted the seller and he is offering a partial refund, which I of course cannot accept. I paid with paypal. Anybody knows how I should proceed if the seller continues to deny a full refund?

Open a Paypal dispute. Make sure you describe the defects. You must also return them with delivery confirmation. Paypal will ask for the confirmation number and will give you your money back.

Sep 29, 2007 at 6:58 PM Post #15 of 47
Thanks, now he offer me a full refund. He says that I should return them and he will then give me my money back. I will of course make sure to get a delivery confirmation, but is there anything other than that I should be aware of before I return them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back