e3c, e4c, e5c, what one?
Oct 17, 2006 at 12:00 AM Post #17 of 19
I personally believe that the E4 is the best choice out of your first set of options. It's the most even-handed of the three when reproducing different genres, and certainly a bit more versatile than the E5 (which felt a bit more colored, to be honest, at least when I tried them). Quite frankly, I don't believe that the price difference in the E4 and E5 is justified.

However, the difference between the E4/E5 and E500 certainly is pronounced on an acoustic level. If your budget is even remotely capable of handling the investment, I do believe they'd be the best option. Sure, they're quite a bit more expensive, but also consider that they're a much larger step from the E3 when compared to the E4 from the E3.

Oct 17, 2006 at 12:51 AM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3X0
I personally believe that the E4 is the best choice out of your first set of options. It's the most even-handed of the three when reproducing different genres, and certainly a bit more versatile than the E5 (which felt a bit more colored, to be honest, at least when I tried them). Quite frankly, I don't believe that the price difference in the E4 and E5 is justified.

However, the difference between the E4/E5 and E500 certainly is pronounced on an acoustic level. If your budget is even remotely capable of handling the investment, I do believe they'd be the best option. Sure, they're quite a bit more expensive, but also consider that they're a much larger step from the E3 when compared to the E4 from the E3.

Ditto!

I also recommend E4 over E3 and over E5 if you are not a serious basshead. E500 are nice but more expensive, if you can afford them then go for them you won't be disappointed.
wink.gif

Oct 17, 2006 at 1:11 AM Post #19 of 19
I really enjoy my e5c and the cables are still clear and have not turned green. Only reason I am selling mine is that I have the ue-5c's on order and I wanted customs and can not see a need for customs and universial and I want a decent headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back