e2c soft flex sleeves
Dec 30, 2005 at 12:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

thomase

Head-Fier
All three types of sleeves were included with my new E2Cs. The soft flex variety seem a bit more difficut to get on than the others. I know that the nozzles on the E3C/E4C/E5C are a bit smaller than the E2C AND that soft flex for the the E2C is relatively new. Is it possible that the soft flex sleeves included with the E2C are actually for the E3C? Since they can be stretched to fit the E2C, perhaps Shure didn't see the need to make special E2C versions with slightly larger holes.

Dec 30, 2005 at 11:36 AM Post #2 of 4
Because they're softer, they would fall off if they were loose, and end up wedged in your ear. (There are a multitute of horror stories on these boards of people becoming a tad too attached to their headphones in a incident like that...)

Try wetting the tip a little and it should slide over easy enough... and yes, it's worth it, my e2c benefited immensely from those little black dudes even if I had to pay extra for mine.
biggrin.gif

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 4
I had no problems with my old pair of E2Cs. Are you sure you got the E2Cs, not the E2Gs? The E2Gs have a smaller nozzle, the same size as the E3s, from what I recall.

Dec 30, 2005 at 3:31 PM Post #4 of 4
I ordered a set of small soft flex sleeves (E2C) from shure about a month or so ago. Man, they are a Godsend. The sleeves did take some work to install, but it was worth the effort. The fit is perfectly painless. My ears no longer feel like they are being molested!
basshead.gif

Bobby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back