E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Jan 1, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #1,127 of 1,482
PDv2.1 is probably imminent. It was being discussed as upcoming back in September.

Jan 4, 2021 at 6:00 AM Post #1,128 of 1,482
How is the E1DA 9038D with EMI interference?

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:15 AM Post #1,129 of 1,482
My E1DA android app don't working. Why ?
Screenshot_20210107-050621.png

Jan 8, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #1,131 of 1,482
What's to hear? Two items which are audibly indistinguishable to human hearing Mr. Johnny 5 star reviews? Lol. Sure, you can have a preference. Nothing wrong with that. Is it because one is "better" than the other? No. It's purely subjective. That's always been my point. Nothing more and nothing less.
Apart from your mood or temper ..it is obvious that 2 audio gears compared can be heard sounding differently by a vast majority of users - but eventually not you. And that it can happen that one can be preferred to the other ( eventually by a vast majority , or a minority, but not you ) , for executing a different sound signature. That is why audio and gears related to it , have such a giant market and variegate offering.

It is also obvious in 2021 that measures are just a part of the item you are going to use or listen ( and that you dont pay or choose only on measures of course ), at least obvious to anyone who have had some experience in listenings

(a bit less obvious is your way of intervention or meanings )

Last edited:
Jan 8, 2021 at 4:58 AM Post #1,132 of 1,482
Apart from your mood or temper ..it is obvious that 2 audio gears compared can be heard sounding differently by a vast majority of users - but eventually not you. And that it can happen that one can be preferred to the other ( eventually by a vast majority , or a minority, but not you ) , for executing a different sound signature. That is why audio and gears related to it , have such a giant market and variegate offering.
I will reiterate my point again so that it is clear. I am not disagreeing with your impressions on hearing differences between these DAC's. I am arguing whether your impressions are strictly a result of the technological implementation of the equipment or the fact that all of the impressions are done sighted. Take away the sighted element of the impressions and level match the DAC's and you will NOT be able to distinguish them.

All DACs sound different when listening tests are done sighted and not level matched. It becomes more difficult (if not impossible) to discern between well designed DACs (proper filtering, freq. response and distortion level) when DAC's are level matched and one doesn't know which DAC is playing. When you want to measure differences between equipment, then you do need to control all variables besides the one you wish to directly compare. Both the Chord and E1DA are well designed DAC's and are transparent beyond the range of human hearing. This is backed up by technical measurements done by both manufacturers and has been independently verified. Therefore, my hypothesis stands until proven otherwise :relaxed:

Jan 8, 2021 at 7:28 AM Post #1,133 of 1,482
I dont understand completely your point . I understand ( very well ) that E1DA 9038 and MOJO ( both paired with their amplifier sections ) sound different . I own both and spotting differences with the music I know is a matter of seconds .
They have different circuitery ( very different ) so it is also to be expected

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:55 PM Post #1,134 of 1,482
I will reiterate my point again so that it is clear. I am not disagreeing with your impressions on hearing differences between these DAC's. I am arguing whether your impressions are strictly a result of the technological implementation of the equipment or the fact that all of the impressions are done sighted. Take away the sighted element of the impressions and level match the DAC's and you will NOT be able to distinguish them.

All DACs sound different when listening tests are done sighted and not level matched. It becomes more difficult (if not impossible) to discern between well designed DACs (proper filtering, freq. response and distortion level) when DAC's are level matched and one doesn't know which DAC is playing. When you want to measure differences between equipment, then you do need to control all variables besides the one you wish to directly compare. Both the Chord and E1DA are well designed DAC's and are transparent beyond the range of human hearing. This is backed up by technical measurements done by both manufacturers and has been independently verified. Therefore, my hypothesis stands until proven otherwise :relaxed:
Sounds like one of those Amir’s slaves

Jan 9, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #1,135 of 1,482
I dont understand completely your point . I understand ( very well ) that E1DA 9038 and MOJO ( both paired with their amplifier sections ) sound different . I own both and spotting differences with the music I know is a matter of seconds .
They have different circuitery ( very different ) so it is also to be expected
He doesn’t even own both the devices he is speaking about. He just learned the things from asr forum and is vomiting it here before even trying out once if it’s completely true. In his previous post he mentioned he had not heard E1da or the chord

Jan 10, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #1,138 of 1,482
He doesn’t even own both the devices he is speaking about. He just learned the things from asr forum and is vomiting it here before even trying out once if it’s completely true. In his previous post he mentioned he had not heard E1da or the chord
he couldnt even refer to standalone dacs even if he wanted to get shelter there .. (9038 can't be operated as a standalone dac , and Mojo essentially same being the line out option just a volume level / fed by same amp section )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back