E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Jan 27, 2020 at 4:05 AM Post #601 of 1,483
Definitely the pvd2 for the Hd800 since it can help tame that treble. Unless you are used to the treble.

May not even need an eq to tame it.

Jan 27, 2020 at 5:53 AM Post #603 of 1,483
Yup, works just fine.

Jan 27, 2020 at 7:47 AM Post #604 of 1,483
...though they are both kind of matched for output power, the PDV2 has more body/weight to the way it presents and 9038s has the
better imaging/detail extraction...I prefer PDV2 to 9038S now.

It is kind of like HRT MicroStreamer on steroids...similar sound with all that power reserve not needing an amp in front.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:24 AM Post #605 of 1,483
...though they are both kind of matched for output power, the PDV2 has more body/weight to the way it presents and 9038s has the
better imaging/detail extraction...I prefer PDV2 to 9038S now.

It is kind of like HRT MicroStreamer on steroids...similar sound with all that power reserve not needing an amp in front.
as for tonal balance ( timbre and tone accuray ) is one better then the other , or the pdv2 just miss a ultimate detail without sarcrificing timbres accuracy and nature ?

sorry to be this picky but after my 20+ pricey headphones , 12 amps , 4 hiend sources & cables journey, and being far from headfi from quite a time , I'm all about convenience and diminushing returns ..so I just prefer to get the right one and not 2 ( bargain price not a factor , convenience in everything yes , and that laid me to narrow and then narrow again gears number through the years )

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 10:01 AM Post #606 of 1,483
as for tonal balance ( timbre and tone accuray ) is one better then the other , or the pdv2 just miss a ultimate detail without sarcrificing timbres accuracy and nature ?

sorry to be this picky but after my 20+ pricey headphones , 12 amps , 4 hiend sources & cables journey, and being far from headfi from quite a time , I'm all about convenience and diminushing returns ..so I just prefer to get the right one and not 2 ( bargain price not a factor , convenience in everything yes , and that laid me to narrow and then narrow again gears number through the years )
Yep, I've been through about 60 sets of IEMs, 15 sets of cans, about 10 amps and 10 DACs too.
I can't speak for tonal accuracy, as I listen to 'bleep' aka electronic music exclusively which mostly has no real world tone you can discern.
I just shoot for the "natural side of neutral" with DACs and amps...as best I can judge it. It's a supreme little device anyway..and I'm looking forward to when they both get hardware volume controls.
This designer rocks, all walk and no talk unlike LH Labs which was a disaster.

Jan 28, 2020 at 9:30 AM Post #607 of 1,483
I found this cable on Amazon. Wish I could find this elsewhere. Anyone know another online stire that sells these KK cables?

KK Cable MC-MC HIFI Cable,Right Angle USB type C to Right Angle USB type C Cable, Audio Upgrade Cable. MC-MC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYZXCRG/

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #608 of 1,483
I found this cable on Amazon. Wish I could find this elsewhere. Anyone know another online stire that sells these KK cables?

KK Cable MC-MC HIFI Cable,Right Angle USB type C to Right Angle USB type C Cable, Audio Upgrade Cable. MC-MC https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07HYZXCRG/

There are Right Angle USB Type C to Right Angle USB Type C cables on eBay, but the shortest one I see is 30-cm / 12-in long - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Right-Angl...-Extension-Cable-Data-Cord-Black/324035895944

Jan 28, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #609 of 1,483
Oh, what I was hoping fornwas something multi stranded that made it flexible.

Jan 29, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #610 of 1,483
When is expected release date for 9038D, any updates on it?

Jan 31, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #611 of 1,483
Do you guys find phones with USB-C have no issues with 9038S ?
I stopped using my phone with micro-USB with the E1DA as the port got temperamental with loud white noise coming through when it cut off then connected back in to the power.
I've had multiple phones with micro-USB needing the port fixed so hopefully USB-C ports are better for reliability in my next phone.

Jan 31, 2020 at 12:17 PM Post #612 of 1,483
Do you guys find phones with USB-C have no issues with 9038S ?
I stopped using my phone with micro-USB with the E1DA as the port got temperamental with loud white noise coming through when it cut off then connected back in to the power.
I've had multiple phones with micro-USB needing the port fixed so hopefully USB-C ports are better for reliability in my next phone.
This is why I just use the raspberry pi as my source:

DHAlHB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020 at 6:46 PM Post #614 of 1,483
No HE has no problems.. he is developing that thing with that non fraud/ blackmail "paymoney you Cun...." USB bridge..

That thing is allready done without tapping and all that shis.. sooooo PLEASe join our luxorious discrod to be kept in touch like a lion king of doom.. oor just wait a bit longer...
E1DA will bring out a 100 & Product and no EA (electronic Arts) DLC fraud crap preorder Scam nazi Laser barbarien Super Laser .......(insert tons of junk here) ... stuff..

Well it will be buttkickeing reinkanrantion... jesus ia writing nonsense..
lets keep it simple like Bauhaus... it will rock S O O N.. .. Yeah.. ( explosions,..... not those Flame ass Michael Bay ones,, real cool ones.. )
I am the nr one lurkers on E1DA Discrod so believe me ( and dual red whine..)

@Marcos Fontana i completely love your avatar image! i made a Communist version and many more of this and its simple awesome!! i love it!

Feb 7, 2020 at 8:34 AM Post #615 of 1,483
Got my E1DA 9038s. sounds awesome. it's not that bad on draining the battery life of my xiaomi phone. im pairing it with ISN audio H40 in an iem mode.
Question, are this four mode differ from each other in terms of SQ? and or if the performance of this differ according to a source you were using..

oh! and one thing.. what is that sudden loud white noise and how to avoid it. its pretty scary. my phone is usb type c.

thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back