E1DA DACs Discussion Thread (PDV2, 9038S, 9038D, 9038X, HiFiToy, HPToy)
Oct 11, 2019 at 11:48 PM Post #136 of 1,483
User @backtofuture has found another way to use Y-Splitter with iPhone, by using "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter".
An additional USB A male-to-USB C female adapter dongle is needed. Then, attach Y-spliiter as how the Android users are doing.
In his case, he used a USB A male-to-USB B male dongle to attach Y-spliiter to PDV2.
(Oh boy, if you check out the adapters for the headphone side, that is a wild party of adapters happening there! I am getting giddy looking at it....)
Photo of the setup is as below, credits to @backtofuture

nonsense.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #137 of 1,483
FYI

Hiby R3 is not **** a muddy fogcanon anymore and i can plug this combo on the back of any small or big DAP that spounds like **** :wink:

really you can have your 9038s alien facehugger on the back of any dap :wink:)

seeya Daniel.. ill stick the 9038s with velcro tape on the back so that i can remove it whenever i like..

36968596kq.jpg

oh by the way tried it and it works.. sundaras at 100% running on hiby r3 are loud enough!
sick :wink:

36968664es.jpg

What about battery life? Can you post the original time vs with e1da?

Oct 12, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #138 of 1,483
hi @tsoltan
i have no clue.. but i guess 4 hours?+
i will try tomorrow and lets see how long it will last.

And i really dondt know and care what i would be without this.. without this it would sound crap again :wink:. no,no,noooo!
ill never plug the headphones directly into the R3 again..

ill try the tin p1 or this..

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #139 of 1,483
Well i tested it with nonstop running yesterday.
Started a timer on my phone, went shopping to ikea, and kept it running till it went out when eating ramen.

4hours 45 minutes :wink:
and it get just a bit warm but nothing more.
Volume was 55%.. thats loud enough for ikea saturday warzone

i used tin hifi P1 for that test and it was great to enter the ikea warzone with claude debussy running :wink:

36981944ny.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 8:01 AM Post #140 of 1,483
Started a timer on my phone, went shopping to ikea, and kept it running till it went out when eating ramen.

i used tin hifi P1 for that test and it was great to enter the ikea warzone with claude debussy running :wink:

Ikea on a Saturday isn't happening in my part of the world (too many weekend warriors), although it is comforting to know that my P1's can now leave home and provide the same sonic gold as they do at home

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #141 of 1,483
Well i actually had all the stuff with "pick and collect" ordered online.. that took just 5 minutes. but i wanted to check some furniture live.. puhhh everything thats cheap and made of wood is garbage and i went with the p1 and lovely classical music with swat team speed through, had printed out all the stuff i wanted to see and was still completly dead afterwards :wink:.. best way to fck up your saturday..

But really 4:45!!! thats pretty much all i need for a saturday shopping trip.
That small slope from the cable is super handy.. its like a ring that fits my small finger.. like from a revolver the ring around the trigger :wink:
also helps me find the right side for the buttons in my pocket! thats what i hated about the player until now..

so thats what i would call the "real hiby R3 Pro" now.. sound is awesome :wink:

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #142 of 1,483

Nice result for such small device. I belive that r3 has the biggest battery for small players 1600mah. Fiio m6(maybe it has Tidal offline support) has the same but r3 beats with the hiby os. Tempotec v1(the price is better then the price of items above) which is only transport device has 1200mah and also hiby os paired with e1da, could be killer thing if it could lasts 5hrs with is it...

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #143 of 1,483
Yes thats nearly 5 hours nonstop playing time.. i didnt turn the display on and off all the time and loud enough volume.
also whats something to look at are those usbc t like splitters that you can plug in the device do plug a powerbank also in it..so both works on the smallest scale possibly.. but for me thats enough now.
Also the p1 get enough juice to run good.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #144 of 1,483
User @backtofuture has found another way to use Y-Splitter with iPhone, by using "Lightning to USB Camera Adapter".
An additional USB A male-to-USB C adapter dongle is needed. Then, attach Y-spliiter as how the Android users are doing.
In his case, he used a USB A male-to-USB B male dongle to attach Y-spliiter to PDV2.
(Oh boy, if you check out the adapters for the headphone side, that is a wild party of adapters happening there! I am getting giddy looking at it....)
Photo of the setup is as below, credits to @backtofuture

oh nice! I was thinking something this could work but don't have the USB A male-to-USB B male to test it, but going to pick one up now. the single camera adapter is also much better than any of the camera+power adapters for iPhone as far as size and secure connection go.

Oct 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #145 of 1,483
Have to say that this cable works with 9038s, but NO Volume control for the 9038s 2nd Gen and the IPHONE. 9038s called SPDIF in Control Center of the Iphone. only Kaisertone(APP) help me, cause it have a special GAIN control. also i hear hiss with my sensitive 8ohm Empire Ears Zeus XIV. Can not switch to the 4th IEM mode (no light). Landing everytime in the Normal Mode (constantly light)

https://de.aliexpress.com/item/3285...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_7,searchweb201603_52

Oct 14, 2019 at 10:23 PM Post #146 of 1,483
Is it possible to use any of e1da with bt receiver? I want to stream LDAC from mobile phone(mostly from tidal) to some bt receiver and then to e1da device?

Maybe phone -> LDAC -> FIO BTR3 -> Type-C cable -> E1DA 9038S -> 2.5 headphones?

AliX customers feedback: Hidiz AP80 can be used as BT LDAC receiver with USB out.

Screenshot_20191015-102000.jpg

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #147 of 1,483
oh nice! I was thinking something this could work but don't have the USB A male-to-USB B male to test it, but going to pick one up now. the single camera adapter is also much better than any of the camera+power adapters for iPhone as far as size and secure connection go.
If I understood your statement correctly, you meant the connector at the Y splitter-to-PDV2 junction. Any generic printer cable can work, it will just be longer. You are probably already using one if you are having PDV2.

Oct 15, 2019 at 12:47 PM Post #149 of 1,483
Oct 15, 2019 at 5:27 PM Post #150 of 1,483
so I've been using the powerdac v2 for a few days. Anyone else having an issue where after it heats up the left channel drops out?
I noticed that the powerdac v2 works just fine, then about 5 minutes in the left channel drops out. If I gently push on the top of the powerdac, the channel comes back.
Some kind of thermal expansion problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back