E1DA USB DAC's - 9038 ( all ) - Power Dac (PDV2) - HP Toy
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 18, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #46 of 124
Exactly. It doesn't take much to have a clear indication in the model of the product. Or at the very least have a clear description in the listing... That doesn't take a marketing team... LoL
Sounds like an opportunity for you. As long as you have the small matter of a good product design in hand, you have it made!! :). Sorry, I couldn't help it...!

Sep 18, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #47 of 124
Anyway, his heart (price/spec.) is in the right place:wink: ......nearest to it is $299 with less output milliwatts.

Sep 18, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #48 of 124
Need Help

Have anyone a good short cable advice ?

Iphone SE > #9038s gen2 (low gain)

Lightning male > usb c male

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #49 of 124
Is the cable he is giving only a battery hook-in cable vs an OTG as he states it is...looks so from aliX photo..
USB-A (male/female) into USB-C into the unit.

Sep 18, 2019 at 2:38 PM Post #50 of 124
Is the cable he is giving only a battery hook-in cable vs an OTG as he states it is...looks so from aliX photo..
USB-A (male/female) into USB-C into the unit.

look for a better short solution . can use the apple cck and a normal usb a male to usb c male. but its also not very sexy. see a cable that is included in the audirect beam dac. but never find it seperately.

Sep 20, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #54 of 124
Apparently Audirect goes by hilidac name now.
Some new cables are available on taobao store https://hilidac.taobao.com
Any aliX sellers with same cables ?
I'm sure my 5000mAh phone can power the unit for a good while without an add-on battery.

Sep 20, 2019 at 4:05 PM Post #56 of 124
Zeos does a review for the powerdac version of this. He does a good good explaining the tech and also the app

Sep 20, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #57 of 124
Zeos does a review for the powerdac version of this. He does a good good explaining the tech and also the app

..are they not completely separate topologies or whatever you call it...and not versions of the same underlying tech ..is there an ES9038Q2M in the other unit ?

Edit : My E1DA 9038S balanced DAC/AMP has shipped...yes !...looking forward to everything balanced brings to planars...better imaging...separation.....PRaT....bass texture/tightness... :wink:

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 5:05 AM Post #58 of 124
..are they not completely separate topologies or whatever you call it...and not versions of the same underlying tech ..is there an ES9038Q2M in the other unit ?

Edit : My E1DA 9038S balanced DAC/AMP has shipped...yes !...looking forward to everything balanced brings to planars...better imaging...separation.....PRaT....bass texture/tightness... :wink:
Mine is like a dream come true - soundwise this is pretty close to endgame. A bit clinical for sure, but then you have the third mode (2nd harmonics) and software (EQs etc...) to mess with the sound if that's your thing. The only drawbacks I see are the extra power consumption on mobile devices and the mighty punch these suckers pack - you need to be very careful not to accidentally fry your low impedance IEMs, especially on mobile devices with touchscreens and loose connectors (sh.. happens).
I've already ordered a 2nd gen. 9038S for my Android phones to be on the safe side but will take a closer look at the circuit board of my 1st gen DAC and probably mod the input stages of the amplifiers - got all the stuff I need and once I've done it I'll report back.

Sep 21, 2019 at 5:15 AM Post #59 of 124
Last edited:
Sep 21, 2019 at 7:06 AM Post #60 of 124
..this is another hidden gem......for DIP-8 chip rolling ease...went through about 5-6 amp chip combos DIP-8 (in series = can mix different chips) before seeing how great 2x OPA1622 go with ES9038Q2M with my gear upstream....(warmer euphonic)
Not good for OTG as its barebones... but never really see it popping up on H-Fi....and its similar...has a tiny volume button set on the side. The chip in E1 V2 (AD8397) was not as good as OPA1622 for me for max detail extraction and neutrality...it gave things a "slight warmth at expense of slight detail reduction"....( I can hear atoms collide..haha).

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32979247543.html?spm=2114.13010708.0.0.7b174c4ds2CO8g

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back