e07k for superlux hd668b? or is there a cheaper dac/amp combo?
May 7, 2014 at 5:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Vazquez

New Head-Fier
i plan to buy hd668b headphones and i plan to use them on my desktop (no sound card atm), ps3 and laptop. i need a dac and probably a amp for them but i need it to not only work on my desktop and laptop but also on my ps3. i have the option of optical and 3.5mm open for ps3 assuming the ps3 would even benefit from a dac. actually i am not sure if those headphones even need an amp at all. if i can fully power them on laptop and ps3 i guess ill only need a dac right? i did do some looking around and i keep seeing the e07k being mentioned and it seems like what i exactly need but the problem is i dont need portability and what happens when the battery runs dry? would i still be able to use it on my computers via usb and on ps3 again using usb for power but using the 3.5mm in for audio? if anyone knows a better and cheaper solution i am all ears, my budget is 80$ and if it helps, music i normally listen to is classical and film score but also some jazz and some dubstep so something that can push a little more bass out of those headphones (just a little) while maintaining detail and highs would be awesome or something just neutral. 

May 7, 2014 at 1:03 PM Post #3 of 5
i was checking out the e7 but i rather grab the upgrade for the same price used. i still dont know if i could use it plugged in after the battery is long dead though. i was also checking out the hifimediy but i do not know what type of dac i should pair with it or if i need one at all. anyone have any opinions on the hifimediy sabre? is there any hiss to it? and any eq software for it?

May 7, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #5 of 5
perhaps paired with http://www.amazon.com/TA2024-Class-Stereo-Amplifier-Output/dp/B008YDEQB4/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1399483896&sr=8-3-fkmr2&keywords=MUSE+Class+A+Hybrid+Tube

or

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00GPV7AH4/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=

i cant seem to find to much on the muse amp though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back