E-mu 0404 USB owners
Jan 1, 2009 at 10:57 PM Post #16 of 18
I wouldnt buy the EMU0404USB if its mainly used for gaming. For gaming, ure better off with a soundcard that does EAX and all those kind of stuff. The processing chip on those soundcards will take a load off ur CPU and thus increase ur fps.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #17 of 18
Hi,
           I have a E-MU 0404/usb, Musiland 02 US and Musiland 01 USD.I use the E-MU with a Dell 1545 OS W7 64bit I use it for recording vinyl,live music and all computer audio music,movies.The E-MU is in the tape loop of my Creek Audio Evolution 5350 integrated amp so I record a lot of LP's always at ASIO/24bit 88.2KHz and I just started recording at 176.4KHz new recording software and sounds **** good played back with the e-mu.
       I also have a Dell xps 170m OS XP media os with Musiland 02 US for usb to spdif and a Zero DAC   used for all my digital audio playback saved on 2  usb HD's I don't us my CD player anymore all are on the Dell xps it all sounds very good.All CD's using AccurateRip software dBpoweramp  set save rip as 24bit/44.1KHz flac files
       The E-MU 0404 is great for recording so if you are going to do some record live music,rip vinyl than get the E-MU 0404 but if you only need a playback sound card get something like the Musiland 02 US on ebay for $125.I always use software that works with ASIO,WDM/KS for bit prefect playback and better recording.DS set up just does not sound right in both windows 7 and XP IMO.

Jul 15, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #18 of 18

Quote:
I wouldnt buy the EMU0404USB if its mainly used for gaming. For gaming, ure better off with a soundcard that does EAX and all those kind of stuff. The processing chip on those soundcards will take a load off ur CPU and thus increase ur fps.

Agreed. And besides offloading the audio pipeline to the card itself, it also enables more and better audio from the games' audio engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back