E-MU 0404 USB no longer on sale (mid-March '08)
Mar 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

infinitesymphony

Headphoneus Supremus
I guess the honeymoon's over. After deals that saw the 0404 USB reach as low as $125 (music123), and $139 with a free microphone (Musician's Friend), the 0404 USB is back up to $199.xx shipped from virtually every online retailer.

E-MU may have stepped in to regulate prices. With the upcoming addition of the Tracker Pre, the cost of the other USB devices was due for a reset. Otherwise, there would have been no incentive to pick the Tracker Pre over the 0404 USB.

On the other hand, the 0202 USB is now on sale ($99 at Musician's Friend), perhaps to distance it from the slightly higher price of the Tracker Pre, so now might be a good time to check out that interface.

Just an update / heads-up.
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:26 AM Post #2 of 25
So I shouldn't cancel my order for the 0404 at musciansfriend even though I'm happy with the Prodigy HD2 ?
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 17, 2008 at 2:33 AM Post #4 of 25
EDIT: Apparently infinitesymphony and I think alike......

Seems to me that if you've got the 0404 USB order locked in at the great price but eventually find that you don't care for it, you should be able to sell it for what you paid, with street prices back up now.

What's to lose?

Mar 30, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #8 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by kanix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
should I go with 0202 for $99 now, or should I wait ?

Up to you, but it's no longer on sale at Musician's Friend. A few stores on Amazon.com have it for a little over $100 shipped. There's never a guarantee that it will go down further. If you were wondering whether or not to wait for the 0404 USB to drop in price again, my guess is that you might be waiting at least a few months, if not longer.

Mar 31, 2008 at 11:19 PM Post #9 of 25
The 0404's price has fluctuated for as long as I've had one (last year). It's been up and down between $150 & $200 a lot, so I'm not sure if this is anything permanent. I probably would've picked up another though if I had seen it with the free mic.

Apr 1, 2008 at 2:57 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by matt fury /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The 0404's price has fluctuated for as long as I've had one (last year). It's been up and down between $150 & $200 a lot, so I'm not sure if this is anything permanent. I probably would've picked up another though if I had seen it with the free mic.

Very true. The first big price drop was the Guitar Center $50 rebate, which brought it down from $199 to $149, but then it was back to $199 most places while Amazon.com fluctuated between ~$160-180. However, this is the first time in about a year (or more) that the 0404 USB has had the same retail price everywhere. No deals to be found at the moment.
frown.gif

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:13 PM Post #13 of 25
Yahoo storefronts such as Sunwill often sell from stock at distributor's warehouses and don't really have the goods in hand. Something tells me that this might be the case here......I'd click on the "INFO" link and email them to confirm the stock status of the 0404 USB if you are interested.

Apr 1, 2008 at 1:44 PM Post #14 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by sejarzo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yahoo storefronts such as Sunwill often sell from stock at distributor's warehouses and don't really have the goods in hand. Something tells me that this might be the case here......I'd click on the "INFO" link and email them to confirm the stock status of the 0404 USB if you are interested.

I did a "faux" order (stopped prior to entering credit card info) just to get the total cost. There is a rather substantial shipping charge (14.20 to NJ) and tax (19.96), for a total of 155.12. I'm glad I got mine a couple of months ago for about $30 less total. But, from what I can tell, it looks like it's legitimate and clearly in stock and available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back