Dynamic IEM Listing
Jul 1, 2009 at 2:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

hapyhar0ld

Head-Fier
Hey guys. I currently am trying to compile a healthy stock of headphones so I can listen to them all and narrow down what I like. I have a good idea of the BA IEMs that I would like to have, but my list for Dynamic IEMs is much shorter. This is what I have so far.

1. Sennheiser IE8 (IE7, IE6)
2. Future Sonics Atrio
3. Monster Turbine

What other Dynamic IEMs are worth looking at? Thank you for your time and assistance.

Jul 1, 2009 at 2:58 PM Post #3 of 9
What is your source/player? I'll add a vote for the FX500's too, but it helps if you have a mellower sounding source, like Sony dap's, since they can be on the bright side.

Jul 1, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by cn11 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your source/player? I'll add a vote for the FX500's too, but it helps if you have a mellower sounding source, like Sony dap's, since they can be on the bright side.

These IEMs will be run off of a iPod Touch 2g. No amp at the moment, but I'm looking at the Pico.

The reason why I ask, is because I currently own the Shure Se530s and think they are a fantastic BA for what I'm looking for. But I do love the energy of the Monster Turbines from a dynamic headphone. I would like to have one of each and am debating whether or not to start burning the Monsters in or sell them for something else.

When I heard the Turbines, I thought the bass was a little overpowering at times when listening to certain types of music. I was then told the Sennheiser lineup might be what I wanted to take a look at all my options before making a commitment.

Jul 1, 2009 at 11:28 PM Post #5 of 9
I have the Turbines too, and find them to be less resolved throughout. With the FX's, the bass is deeper, yet more controlled, and there is a lot more detail and bigger soundstage. I personally prefer the FX500's over them in a big way.

Jul 2, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by hapyhar0ld /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys. I currently am trying to compile a healthy stock of headphones so I can listen to them all and narrow down what I like. I have a good idea of the BA IEMs that I would like to have, but my list for Dynamic IEMs is much shorter. This is what I have so far.

1. Sennheiser IE8 (IE7, IE6)
2. Future Sonics Atrio
3. Monster Turbine

What other Dynamic IEMs are worth looking at? Thank you for your time and assistance.

If you're considering budget options as well: NE-7m's.

Jul 2, 2009 at 4:07 PM Post #9 of 9
so are all the sony earbuds. like the ex700, but beware of fakes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back