Dynamic Driver IEMs
Oct 5, 2009 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

The_Blood_Raven

100+ Head-Fier
Hello, I am looking into upgrading my UE Super.fi 5 Pros to some Dynamic driver IEMs so that I can get a nice boost in the bass department. I know the Sennheiser IE8s are basically the best, but their price is far too high for me and eCost doesn't seem reputable, especially with their clearance deals. I hear that the IE7s actually have a very similar bass output as my Super.fi 5 Pros and therefor are not bass heavy. I am looking at the JVC HP-FX500s right now and I was wondering if there were other IEMs out there that use Dynamic drivers or have great bass and wont make me sacrifice detail and high/mids for some decent bass.

I'm not necessarily a basshead, but I do find it missing in most IEMs.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:00 AM Post #2 of 13
ecost isnt that bad. ive ordered from them and would have no problems doing so again

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:18 AM Post #3 of 13
I have the super.fi 5vi right now but I'm taking them back in a couple of days. I've also got the monster beat tours right now which sound really nice. not as good on the mids and highs as the super.fi but they come close and have really nice bass.

you can go try these out for free if your by an apple store. just take them back within 2 weeks and get your money back.

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:37 AM Post #4 of 13
C710, FX500 and ATH-CKS70...........

Oct 5, 2009 at 3:56 AM Post #5 of 13
1. what IS your price range?
2. have you considered an amp with bass boost? ie, Go-Vibes?

Oct 5, 2009 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 13
For me the future sonics atrio are the best dynamic driver IEM's apart from the IE8 which i recently upgraded to. After extensive comparison of the two there is no doubt the IE8 are better but certainly not double the money better. The bass of the atrio dosn't have the impact or speed the IE8 but i find it to have slightly deeper bass.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:12 AM Post #10 of 13
My vote goes to the Atrios, good stuff at a good price !
atsmile.gif

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:17 AM Post #11 of 13
While I love the FX500, it is not the full-proof IEM that the Atrio is; Futuresonics have a gem: it isolates, sounds great, and is quite robust. What I don't like -- and it is the only thing -- is the awful plastic echo heard on trance music. The same echo is present in the DT770, IE8, and in a different quality, Denon's metal iems.

Oct 6, 2009 at 1:53 AM Post #12 of 13
Judging from your own review and the opinions of others the FX500 does a much better job in the high department, which is important to me, while matching the Atrios in the low department. I want some good bass and I don't want to pay for the IE8s, the Denons are supposed to be boomy which is not my taste, and the Atrios are supposed to deliver a bit more bass, but they also are supposed to deliver a lower quality treble and mid range compared to the FX500s.

Oct 6, 2009 at 2:21 AM Post #13 of 13
One question for you shigzeo, what does cable crystallization mean? You refer to it a lot in the FX500 thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back