Dynalo (Rev.C) construction thread
Dec 10, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #181 of 188
I don't think it would have made an interesting sound for very
long before the magic smoke would have decided it wanted to
be somewhere else...

Quote:
Hehe it would have made for an interesting sound.

Jan 25, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #183 of 188
Could I ask for another pair of eyes on this PCB layout please? It's a 'backplane' for a Dynamid amp so it accomodates two Dynalo boards with headers for inputs, outputs and a stepped attenuator. I've made a 1:1 scale printout and checked that the sizing and hole alignment is correct for my chosen case but I'm just wondering if anything obvious stands out as being wrong.

Mar 25, 2015 at 10:01 AM Post #184 of 188
Hi lads. Sorry for digging out an old thread. I'm building a dynalo at the moment and I want to use it as a headphone amp and a preamp. How can I get a RCA output from it that I can feed my amp with without hurting it. There will be a dac instaled with it in one case and I want to be able to feed my amp with a signal from dac going through dynalo amp. Is that possible? please advise me on what to do to achieve both Headphone out and RCA out.  Thanks in advance

May 4, 2015 at 6:46 AM Post #185 of 188
I had some problems with my Dynalo, but its going great. I could bias the front end as the trimpots were causing probs. It has Salas shunts and a separate capacitance multiplier psu. Will try and take some pics.

May 4, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #186 of 188
Are your transistors soldered or they sit in sockets? I'm also building one but i'm not that far yet. I recommend swapping transistors from working side. Did you check all test points and compared them to given values?

May 4, 2015 at 3:49 PM Post #187 of 188
Hi Ajuztam, all voltages are correct apart from the ones I have mentioned above. Transistors are all soldered, only the jfets use sockets and R11 and R14.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back